07 kx450f stalling when hot. Will not restart

My 07 kx450f has new top end with 12 hrs. New weighted factory flywheel, New coil and new spark plug. New clutch basket with new friction plates and steel plates with new z start pro clutch. The problem I am having is it starts excellent when it is cold. Run about half a lap in hare scrambles it will flame out or stall. Then once hot almost impossible to restart. Just upped the pilot jet to a 48. But still having problems. I'm at wits end. Any thoughts ????

Does it actually restart or is it just really hard to get it to restart? One it restarts does it do the same thing in a half a lap or does it run fine after that?
It could be an issue with the coil, but I'd say check your valve clearance again just to be sure too.

How much time do you get before it restarts? It seems like you have an electrical issue which presents itself only when hot, but it's hard to check things hot.
I wonder if you are having an issue with the stator.
I would say pull your seat and fuel tank bolt and ride it around until it stalls and hurry and pull your tank and plug to see if it has spark or not. At least that should rule out a fuel/spark issue.

Update in case anyone is reading. I lowered the needle one notch. And lowered the pilot jet back to factory 42. Someone had put a 45 in. After examining the plug i found i was running rich. Just ran a hare scramble yesterday. Ran awesome. If it died got it restarted by the 3rd kick at yhe most.

• Like 1