16 250f OTD Price Couple Questions

So I have a dealer who has a 16 CRF250r for $6500 out the door. Is anyone finding better deals out there? before taxes and fees the bike is $5700.

Couple of questions about the bike. I ride mostly woods and little bit of MX

How are the forks in the woods? Since they are air forks can you adjust them to be soft enough?

Are these bikes fairly easy to kick start if you stall them.

Overall how are they in the woods?

Thanks

I've seen them near me for as low as $5800 otd no tax out of state.  

The forks have stiff mx valving and the suspension is too stiff for rough woods riding, but a simple revalve to make them alot softer and they work great, or buy a racetech gold valves kit and they are even a little better and work awesome. My friend races pro on the stock forks that I revalved for him and he loves the suspension. You can play with the air pressures to get a softer or stiffer feel also. I have the racetech gold valves kits I installed on my 16.

I did a spring fork conversion at the end of last year and then had to make the valving softer for it, then it was good, but yesterday I raced with the air fork and had great results and it felt good. 

Yes they are easy to kick start if you stall. However starting for the green flag can be tricky to get it started 1st kick, you have to learn how it likes to be started, often times 3rd kick. With just the suspension revalved it's awesome in the woods.

13 minutes ago, tom02cr250 said:

I've seen them near me for as low as $5800 otd no tax out of state.  

The forks have stiff mx valving and the suspension is too stiff for rough woods riding, but a simple revalve to make them alot softer and they work great, or buy a racetech gold valves kit and they are even a little better and work awesome. My friend races pro on the stock forks that I revalved for him and he loves the suspension. You can play with the air pressures to get a softer or stiffer feel also. I have the racetech gold valves kits I installed on my 16.

I did a spring fork conversion at the end of last year and then had to make the valving softer for it, then it was good, but yesterday I raced with the air fork and had great results and it felt good. 

Where are you finding them for $5800? I live in Bethlehem PA. The place that has it for $6500 is in State College PA about 3hr drive. I don't race right now but I think it would be fun to try it.

One in Ohio, sorry I forget the name, try calling the Ohio dealerships, it was a few months ago though. I bought mine in Morgantown WV but they didn't have anymore last time I checked.