1992 supercross finale comparisons

I am technically old enough to remember this season, but was doing a tour with Uncle Sam at the time ,  ----  those were the days when most of my news came from Cycle News a week later, or MXA 2 months later

Bradshaw seemingly won everything that year  , then melted down at the last race or something like that -- I haven't even seen the complete race, just some clips of Bayle trying to get in the way and Bradshaw rolling some doubles

Due to Directv/FSN I didn't get to see the Jersey race until a day later, but as I saw Eli's goof-ups and floundering about in the rhythm sections, ----  I couldn't help but think of the parallels to that 1992 season

And watching Eli, -- I'm amazed that I sort of felt sorry for a guy with 5 or 6 mill in the bank --- sheesh (that boner air where he cased it - he got l=real lucky on that one )    ----  I almost felt that way for Dungey a race or 2 ago also -- as someone commented on the Pulp show, it is a sobering thought when you are 10 seconds out front and your pit board tells you that you need to ride even faster because a mad green dog is coming up from behind

What a season

• Like 4

I agree that this was been an exciting 450 SX series when compared to the last several years... not one dude miles in front, cruzin through the series....

but no matter.....the REAL racing starts soon....

• Like 1

Someone has to step up and kick BBA's ass in outdoors.  No way Dungey beats Tomac outside.  If Dungey tries to run that pace again he'll be on the ground like he was last season.

3 hours ago, DMC707 said:

Bradshaw seemingly won everything that year  , then melted down at the last race or something like that -- I haven't even seen the complete race, just some clips of Bayle trying to get in the way and Bradshaw rolling some doubles

• Like 2

Dungey doesn't win by running a pace others can't match , he rides his pace and they try to outpace him

• Like 4

I thought the exact same thing.  I was at that race.  I was cracking up during the race that Bayle was trying to stay behind Bradshaw, to try to prevent Stanton from winning the title.  It was pretty publicized that they didn't care for each other much.  Bayle finally had to pass him because Cooper (I think?) was coming up on his butt.  Granted, the difference is that Bradshaw had an injured knee from outdoors the weekend before, but the similarities are still there.

I called my buddy, and said who did Tomac remind you of?  He immediately said Bradshaw!

Pressure can be a really tough thing to deal with.   I don't know if his arms pumped up or what, but he was definitely not himself last weekend.  There's still one more race, and anything can happen.  I think Dungey only needs 4th or better, which seems almost in the bag (especially with so many of the other guys either on KTM's or Anderson).  I was personally hoping that it boiled down to Vegas where they were tight enough that whoever won that race won the title.

Poor Tomac, he was totally dejected in the interview. 

Edited by jcm3
  • Like 2