650l rear sprocket

Thanks for the advice. Has anyone on hear ever bought a 46 tooth rear sprocket for a Xr650l?
I'm due for new chain and sprockets and find I like 14/45 but a 46t rear would be worth a try. I don't think I'd want a 13t front.

Dave I've been running the 14/45. Do you think that's to low for highway riding. I ride maybe 10 to 25 miles on highway each way to get to logging roads but need the lower gearing to climb the steeper roads in second gear on the logging roads.

I cruise about 60 to 65 mph. I feel like I have a lot left but don't use it much. Lol. I just don't like the gearing between 1st and second with the 15/45. The bike liked to chatter to much on the woods roads that's why I like the 14/45. Should I change back to the 15/45 if I want to ride at 70 to 75 mph?

A 14/45 and a 15/48 are very close to the same ratio.

Changing just one tooth in the rear is hardly worth the bother.  I've changed two teeth a couple of times on two different Ducatis that I owned, but every other time I've changed the gearing on a bike it has been by more.

I don't see the point in going for a 46 or 47 rear on an XR650L.  The 46 is too close to the 45 and the 47 is too close to the 48.  I find 15/45 optimal on the street, 15/48 optimal if I'm riding quite a ways to the dirt and won't be doing steep stuff.  I like 14/48 on tight, loose, steep trails.  I have a 13-tooth I can swap on there, but haven't felt a strong need to use it yet.

I would like to switch from a 15 to a 14 front when I get to the dirt I want to ride, since it only takes about 10 minutes to make the switch.  But I've never actually gone to the bother yet.

AL rear sprocket on a XR650L... not my first choice!
If the desired tooth count is available for an XR650R, there is a way to use the 650R sprocket.

What's the trick to use 650r rear sprocket on the l ?