KTM 450sx Reliable?

I'm wanting to get an 16 or 17 KTM, but from what I've heard they aren't as reliable as a Honda. What's the good and bad on newer KTM's?

60 hours on mine. No problems. I haven't replaced the battery and am still running original chain and sprockets

lol KTM"s are just as if not better when it comes to reliability. All those people bitching about their bikes blowing up or the frames breaking are guys who are pushing these bikes to the limit and doing stupid things with them, I've owned KTM since i started riding in 2014 and have never looked back. I've ridden Yamaha and Honda and really like Yamaha but i put my life and full trust into KTM. SX,XC or EXC it doesn't matter, They make amazing machines that will last very long if you take good care of them. Currently just bought a 16 450SX-F and can't be happier. You won't regret it if you buy one. 

cheers

Agree

17 hours ago, TomTopDog12 said:

lol KTM"s are just as if not better when it comes to reliability. All those people bitching about their bikes blowing up or the frames breaking are guys who are pushing these bikes to the limit and doing stupid things with them, I've owned KTM since i started riding in 2014 and have never looked back. I've ridden Yamaha and Honda and really like Yamaha but i put my life and full trust into KTM. SX,XC or EXC it doesn't matter, They make amazing machines that will last very long if you take good care of them. Currently just bought a 16 450SX-F and can't be happier. You won't regret it if you buy one. 

cheers

Agree 100%! Yamaha and KTM are top of the durability list for me also. Valve train is what gets you in durability on these 4 strokes. Fit and Finish the KTM is hands down better than the Yamaha.

Yamaha and ktm both will outlast a Honda, which will last longer then a Kawasaki and Suzuki. Durability belongs to the Yamaha as the top dog, they go the distance. Ktm makes a decent machine, usually the problems surface immediately on a new ktm, so after 20 hours, you'll know if it will last forever or not. Yamaha.....they don't die.

9 hours ago, strtdsmallproject said:

Agree

Agree 100%! Yamaha and KTM are top of the durability list for me also. Valve train is what gets you in durability on these 4 strokes. Fit and Finish the KTM is hands down better than the Yamaha.

Exactly, i've been to the KTM factory in 2015 and they hand make all of their bikes, they get recalled yes but look at how they are made. Not with a robot. 

Like i said i put my LIFE into these bikes and trust them fully. Will never stop bleeding orange!