Sign in to follow this  

43mm WP OC leaking from rebound adjuster

I have an '04 fork from a ktm 105 that I am using on a project. The left fork leg is pumping it's oil out of rebound adjuster. I pulled it all apart and it looks like everything was installed and in the correct spot. It still oozes oil from the adjuster. I watched all the tips Slavens gives on the OC forks. I am now thinking that the rebound needle o-ring is junk. When I fill the oil per Slavens instructions the rebound tube is lifting up and oil is flowing out the top of the cartridge rod. That can't be good since Jeff specifically says to keep oil out of there. I'll be going back in to replace seals and bushing, and the o-rings. Does it sound like new o-rings will fix it? Is there some other part I need to take a closer look at?

The o rings is the only seal in the system

• Like 1

I replaced the o-ring on the midvalve bleed needle and that fixed the leak.  I suspect a previous owner tried to install this needle while the midvalve was installed on the cartrige rod which pretty much assures that your going to cut the o-ring.  I had to remove the midvalve from the rod to ensure that the new o-ring went in properly.