46th Annual Virginia City Grand Prix

46 minutes ago, dlock5 said:

That looked brutal.

Honestly, the traffic was the worst part. My 2nd lap was nearly 30min faster because everyone had spread out or given up...

• Like 1

I was going to race, but my suspension didn't get done in time. 2 years ago i had the same problems with traffic, and i probably cause some traffic problems also lol.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OscarFox said:

Honestly, the traffic was the worst part. My 2nd lap was nearly 30min faster because everyone had spread out or given up...

How long was a lap?.. It actually looked pretty cool! I drove through Virginia City just driving.. I'd think that race would be a blast!!! ..and who won??

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

9 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Ok looked it up... Damn!!! talk about alot of DNF's!! how hot was it?

https://media.wix.com/ugd/ea3d00_c47569627ea2403fb5c088d082b59a9c.pdf

Not that hot, high 60s maybe. Apparently alot of people come out that are not riding often. Just for the heck of it. 

15 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

How long was a lap?.. It actually looked pretty cool! I drove through Virginia City just driving.. I'd think that race would be a blast!!! ..and who won??

25 mile laps. This was my first one. Lots of fun for sure plus all the craziness of 400+ racers. Ty Tremaine won the overall on Saturday's pro race. He's a local too

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dlock5 said:

Its usually 25 mile loops, and while i didn't race this year but live in Sparks, it was in the 70's at my house. Vc is higher elavation so it was probably in the 60's.

That's not bad at all.. nice and cool.

• Like 1

That's not bad at all.. nice and cool.

Yeah it would've been just about perfect weather to race.
  • Like 1

I was #246 on your row in the blue gear. We all went the wrong way right at the beginning which screwed us in that first bottleneck. The first lap was crazy with the dust and congestion but laps 2 and 3 got better.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, benjar said:

I was #246 on your row in the blue gear. We all went the wrong way right at the beginning which screwed us in that first bottleneck. The first lap was crazy with the dust and congestion but laps 2 and 3 got better.

Yea I agree, first lap was all about survival. I started out way too hard, and fought off arm pump until the 6 mile canyon section

7 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

So how long was the race?

Only managed 2 laps so 50ish miles. 

7 minutes ago, benjar said:

Each lap was 25 miles. You needed 3 hours of racing for a finisher pin. Each lap was about an hour.

I was kind of bummed because my first lap was so slow, partly me, partly bottlnecks, that I couldn't do 3. Then again, by the end of the 2nd I was looking forward to beer!

• Like 1