Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Has a Wiseco top end, v force 3 reeds, 11oz Steahly fly wheel weight, FMF Gnarly exhaust, and a FMF powercore 2 silencer. This is one of the best dirt bikes I've ever owned and ridden. It's a bullet proof motor and it's never left me stranded or gave me any problems. I'm planning on getting a Lectron carburator or a Smartcarb carburetor because I hear they are like fuel injection for a 2 stroke.

13246167_976669552448900_5257051420932782018_o-1.jpg

14379936_1062302747218913_6436737139462452525_o-4-1.jpg

1468686_1094171870633868_267695766609500157_n-1.jpg

12743611_1094171837300538_2947086092362381349_n-1.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, crashhard_17 said:

I love my 03. Just finished a full top and bottom rebuild.

16649409_10208237867330328_7906638294802582217_n.jpg

That's one sweet looking bike. I'm planning on updating the appearance of mine soon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raced one for 2 years bought new. Wore threw the frame with my inner boot lol no b.s. wish i had pic but didnt even have a cell then .reliable bike for sure:thumbsup: nice bikes you guys got there

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty close to having it wear I want it. Ordering a front bib mousse and fww soon. Then gold valves front and rear and oversized tank and rekluse. Should be a viable off-road weapon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your bike looks awesome man! I just bought a 05 two stroke. It's pretty much stock all the way around. What do you think should be my first few investments in it? I'm mainly concerned about performance, although I would like it to look prettier lol (like yours)

IMG_1855.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chasewatmatters said:

Your bike looks awesome man! I just bought a 05 two stroke. It's pretty much stock all the way around. What do you think should be my first few investments in it? I'm mainly concerned about performance, although I would like it to look prettier lol (like yours)

IMG_1855.JPG

05?  Hate to break it to you, might be a frankenbike, but that isn't an 05.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, poldies4 said:

05?  Hate to break it to you, might be a frankenbike, but that isn't an 05.

Oh really.. Wow, well I don't know a whole lot about dirt bikes as you can tell. Care to elaborate? How can you tell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Chasewatmatters said:

Oh really.. Wow, well I don't know a whole lot about dirt bikes as you can tell. Care to elaborate? How can you tell?

Wrong forks, should be Inverted.  Frame looks wrong for an 05, and plastic looks like mid 90's to me.  What is the 10th digit in your vin?  

 

Should look more like this.

image.jpg

Edited by poldies4
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

That may be frankenkawi :ride:

Agreed, there hasn't been conventional forks on a KX 250 since 1988... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, poldies4 said:

Wrong forks, should be Inverted.  Frame looks wrong for an 05, and plastic looks like mid 90's to me.  What is the 10th digit in your vin?  

 

Should look more like this.

image.jpg

10th digit is 4. I looked it up and it said it is a '04. I'm guessing that maybe just a part of the bike is from an '04? 

Here are some better pictures. 

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1868.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chasewatmatters said:

10th digit is 4. I looked it up and it said it is a '04. I'm guessing that maybe just a part of the bike is from an '04? 

Here are some better pictures. 

 

Post the whole vin, maybe the frame is an 04, still doubt that though.  KX 250 have had inverted forks since 1989.  You have conventional forks, likely from a KDX.  It is Definitely a frankenbike.  You should start your own thread so this can get figured out.

 

OP, nice bike man, sorry for the thread drift....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, poldies4 said:

Post the whole vin, maybe the frame is an 04, still doubt that though.  KX 250 have had inverted forks since 1989.  You have conventional forks, likely from a KDX.  It is Definitely a frankenbike.  You should start your own thread so this can get figured out.

 

OP, nice bike man, sorry for the thread drift....

Okay I will create a thread on this. Thanks man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um, I believe thats a KDX not sure what year but the sub frame is welded on and not removable. See photo

attachment.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Chasewatmatters said:

Your bike looks awesome man! I just bought a 05 two stroke. It's pretty much stock all the way around. What do you think should be my first few investments in it? I'm mainly concerned about performance, although I would like it to look prettier lol (like yours)

IMG_1855.JPG

Porting and polishing. Best money spent. My friend had a stock 1998 KX 250 and after he got it ported for racing it was a ANIMAL! I couldn't keep the front wheel down! Next would be to make sure it's jetted correctly. Just my two cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Juana said:

Um, I believe thats a KDX not sure what year but the sub frame is welded on and not removable. See photo

attachment.jpg

Just noticed the lower frame, good catch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Chasewatmatters said:

10th digit is 4. I looked it up and it said it is a '04. I'm guessing that maybe just a part of the bike is from an '04? 

Here are some better pictures. 

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1868.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

That has to be a KDX200. Check the VIN to verify. You may have gotten ripped off. This is why I always check the VINs before I purchase any dirt bike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×