So, I just purchased a used 2014 KX250f yesterday that I found a great deal on. Guy just wanted it gone. The only problem I am running into is the swingarm/rear wheel alignment. I have the pictures right below. I know the rear fender is off to the left a little but when I compared the wheel to the seat and frame, it still looks off.

IMG_1849.thumb.JPG.ec2716f5cb915cbe932f0ce3b736680b.JPGIMG_1850.thumb.JPG.ffee573c42f1153fa8bfe45ae194beb5.JPG

To me, in person, it looks as if the swingarm or the rear wheel is shifted to the right. I don't know exactly how to tell if it is off. Is there any measurement I can take? Also, if it is off. How can I fix it? I haven't been able to ride it yet to see if I can feel it out. I live in the suburbs, and I can't get to the track until this weekend. I can take more pics from different angles if you need me too. Any help will be appreciated. 

Also, I got the engine mapping plugs from the guy who owned it, but he didn't have any knowledge of how to use them. I know what the white, green, and black plugs do, I just don't know where to plug one in. When I was looking over the bike, there were a lot of plugs that looked just the same. So I'm not sure which one to exchange. 

IMG_1847.JPG

it looks as if the swingarm or the rear wheel is shifted to the right. I don't know exactly how to tell if it is off. Is there any measurement I can take?

I am sure someone can help you.

Edited by wielywilly-g

Subframe is most likely bent (not uncommon). Look on eBay for a straight one. Dunno about the mapping plugs (my KX250F was carbureted), google it and you should be able to find out where they go.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, OLHILLBILLY said:

Subframe is most likely bent (not uncommon). Look on eBay for a straight one. Dunno about the mapping plugs (my KX250F was carbureted), google it and you should be able to find out where they go.

Shoot I didn't think of the subframe. I'll go check that out. Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup:

The couplers go on the right side of the frame, near the front of the frame. As far as the swingarm, try to take some measurements, it should be symetrical

Yep, subframe tweaked a little bit. Highly unlikely the swingarm has shifted or bent. Mapping plugs are up on the right side of the steering stem.