I got a 2004 crf50 with a bbr setup, I'm trying to wheelie but Idk how too. (Ik there's a lot of forums out there but they're not explained well. Do I wheelie in 1st or 2nd gear? I don't have enough money to buy 50stunt pegs and 50stunt rear handbrake. So here it is...I'm in a parking lot rolling in first gear I pull up with my feet hanging but I can't hold it. I try to put my feet back on but I always drop the front wheel down. Then there's the times I use 2nd gear wheelies, I pull down and then up and I give it throttle but it doesn't come up at all. What am I doing wrong? 

Edited by alexBLOX

Hey man. I have an 04 too with high bars stock motor and carb and even air filter. Start out on a uphill grass area in first gear that's how I started. It's all about getting your weight back since these bikes don't have that much power stock to just hit the throttle and do a wheelie. Eventually I moved onto second gear once I was comfortable with the balance point. Don't keep your feet dangling do a real wheelie with your feet up. Now I'm at the point where I can wheelie in third gear as well it's hard to get it up sometimes since it's a stock 50 but once you hit that balance point you can just ride it out. Hope you get the hang of it man crf50 wheels are maaad fun

Hey man. I have an 04 too with high bars stock motor and carb and even air filter. Start out on a uphill grass area in first gear that's how I started. It's all about getting your weight back since these bikes don't have that much power stock to just hit the throttle and do a wheelie. Eventually I moved onto second gear once I was comfortable with the balance point. Don't keep your feet dangling do a real wheelie with your feet up. Now I'm at the point where I can wheelie in third gear as well it's hard to get it up sometimes since it's a stock 50 but once you hit that balance point you can just ride it out. Hope you get the hang of it man crf50 wheels are maaad fun

Yeah man, I skipped first gear and moved to 2nd gear wheelies...I could bring the bike up and hold it for a little bit but not enough where I can balance it. I need to get a rear hand brake and pegs but they're to damn expensive.

To be completely honest with you, I don't even have a rear brake at all it's completely stuck and won't move. Just get comfortable with the balance point man you got it. I recently put up a couple videos of me doing wheelies on my 50. I still haven't found any good videos of people doing wheelies on a 50 on YouTube so check this out, it's actually a good reference to see how a wheelie is done and it's not a boring video at all. Again I have absolutely no back brake lmao

To be completely honest with you, I don't even have a rear brake at all it's completely stuck and won't move. Just get comfortable with the balance point man you got it. I recently put up a couple videos of me doing wheelies on my 50. I still haven't found any good videos of people doing wheelies on a 50 on YouTube so check this out, it's actually a good reference to see how a wheelie is done and it's not a boring video at all. Again I have absolutely no back brake lmao

Dude how do you do those wheelies?? If that's first gear that's crazy, my first gear is way too short. Do you pull down then up and give throttle or what? I need to get these damn wheelies already lol It's a dope video bro!

Thanks bro give me a follow I got more 50 videos on the way once god damn school ends haha and yeah I honestly rock forward and then shift my weight all the way back all in one motion while hitting the throttle. You really gotta extend your arms and lean back and get that weight back. And there was one wheelie in first gear right before that dog attacked me and the rest are in 2nd and 3rd gear

I made this video a month ago it's just straight wheelies. They are all in second gear

Thanks bro give me a follow I got more 50 videos on the way once god damn school ends haha and yeah I honestly rock forward and then shift my weight all the way back all in one motion while hitting the throttle. You really gotta extend your arms and lean back and get that weight back. And there was one wheelie in first gear right before that dog attacked me and the rest are in 2nd and 3rd gear

Welcome bro, I would if I knew how to follow people on here aha Damn that what scares me the most, I've done that it pulls to high and I lose my balance and put my feet down. Haha dope and yo I see you got pegs on your 50, are they 50stunt pegs or homemade? If they're homemade how'd you make them?

Honestly my bike came with them on it they are just straight bike pegs I believe. You just gotta find pegs with a wide enough hole to bolt them onto the real wheel axle I actually have another set of them I'll give them to you for free if your from Massachusetts haha and honestly I think of wheelies as a commitment you really gotta commit to it and not hold back. It all comes with practice don't be scared

Damn dude cuz I don't have money to be throwing on stunt parts just like that haha I'm from LA man :/
Yeah true that, yeah I'll keep practicing wheelies thanks bro

No problem man keep in touch.. if you got a GoPro strap that bitch up and make some videos you'll get the hang of it trust me just keep practicing and going at it

I got gloves my dude

No problem man keep in touch.. if you got a GoPro strap that bitch up and make some videos you'll get the hang of it trust me just keep practicing and going at it
I got gloves my dude

For sure man, thanks! Once I get them, I'll record it and I'll send a video through here

Sweet man lookin forward to seeing it

And yeah obviously I'm not wearing gloves look at the first video I posted

do the rest of us a huge favor and stay off of streets and parking lots. every time one of you gets caught its hurts the rest of us.

• Like 1

do the rest of us a huge favor and stay off of streets and parking lots. every time one of you gets caught its hurts the rest of us.

Hate to break it to you man but I don't ride the streets a lot, mostly in one area where all the neighbors are cool with me riding on the street. I asked each one of them if it was cool, they all agreed.
  • Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, alexBLOX said:

Hate to break it to you man but I don't ride the streets a lot, mostly in one area where all the neighbors are cool with me riding on the street. I asked each one of them if it was cool, they all agreed.

reread my second sentence. don't you have a yard to wheelie in? go find a field and ask the owner for permission. btw my comment wasn't just directed at you, neither is this one.

particularly for the kid in mass whose doing wheelies down the street. the epa is on a serious hunt to ticket dirt bikers, apparently they can just for not being registered even on your own property. stop riding on the street threatening the state I love to ride in most.

Edited by 91kdx25088

reread my second sentence. don't you have a yard to wheelie in? go find a field and ask the owner for permission. btw my comment wasn't just directed at you, neither is this one.
particularly for the kid in mass whose doing wheelies down the street. the epa is on a serious hunt to ticket dirt bikers, apparently they can just for not being registered even on your own property. stop riding on the street threatening the state I love to ride in most.

Oh ok cool