Can't feel comfortable on 11-15 bikes after riding my 16....thoughts?

As the title says i've gotten a bit of ride time on my new 16 450SX-F and just love it, flying through the trail has never been more fun then it is now on my new bike. I just love it.

My father also rides with me and he rides my 2013 250SX two stroke, i find that sometimes he will want to switch with me so he can try the new bike (he loves it just as much as me lol) anyway.

I find it so weird and not comfortable to ride these older model bikes, I find the seat height and just general ergonomics of these newer KTM's are so different that they've blinded me to the older gen bikes. Is this just me being crazy or? What do you guys think? post-463455-0-77923300-1458344950_thumb.jpg

I would say its normal for someone that hasn't ridden a lot of different bikes or someone that mainly just rides one or two bikes.
When you work for a bike shop, for example, you're testing 10 bikes/day. I think that's what makes me more adaptable.

In saying that, it's 'normal' just because you're comparing different capacities, frame generations and ergo packages.

Also, who knows how much you messed up the 250SX? The manufacturers spend 1000s of hours to develop a good general setting and most people take that for granted and modify their bikes without proper testing. Also, over time, all bikes wear out and will perform worse in small increments.

The 16 chassis is the bomb. I rode a buddies, and had to have one. Always rode Honda's and Yamaha's before. The 16s turn so good, handle awesome, very easy to get on and feel comfy

11 minutes ago, pomoco said:

The 16 chassis is the bomb. I rode a buddies, and had to have one. Always rode Honda 's and Yamaha 's before. The 16s turn so good, handle awesome, very easy to get on and feel comfy

Yea i love the new bikes man, i bet if i rode a honda or Kawi i would run right back to the KTM ahaha. They sit so high but ride so good. 

1 hour ago, Swappa said:

I would say its normal for someone that hasn't ridden a lot of different bikes or someone that mainly just rides one or two bikes.
When you work for a bike shop, for example, you're testing 10 bikes/day. I think that's what makes me more adaptable.

In saying that, it's 'normal' just because you're comparing different capacities, frame generations and ergo packages.

Also, who knows how much you messed up the 250SX? The manufacturers spend 1000s of hours to develop a good general setting and most people take that for granted and modify their bikes without proper testing. Also, over time, all bikes wear out and will perform worse in small increments.

Well i've owned many KTMS from 2007 to present models, i just feel after riding the newer models it's harder to go back to the older ones. But i guess that's what KTM wants no? ;D 

I have a old ktm(99} little bit newer {13.5} and newest {15.5} and all 3 are setup perfect for me, all have different engines, 300, 450, 500, so handle little different but I have no trouble hopping from one to the other. but ive always had a Hodge podge of bikes, and like swappa said I used to work at a shop when younger and got used to riding different stuff.

I think the new frame bikes are great, but the older ones are still great too. maybe you just really like youre new bike. nothing wrong with that!

• Like 1