0- 'Berg 570, how to determine if it's street legal

Hi all,

Looking at an '09 FE570; it's a long way from me but it's what I'm looking for & I'm willing to travel for it. Having a tough time determining if it's an 'S' model (street legal from the factory). In Georgia, it has to be deemed as such from the factory or the DMV folks won't even think about it. Running the VIN, it only shows as an FE570, no other designation. I know that my 2016 Husky FE350 is an 's', but the 2017's all got the 's' designation dropped because ALL offload Husky FE's are now street-legal. Anyone got any guidance? First time Husky / Berg owner here...thanks in advance!

The 2009 where never factory street legal, only the 2011's where, it depends on the DMV as I had my 09 fe570 registered in both California and now Idaho because the title doesn't indicate off road use only as some can and that's what they went by although I've heard California has tightend up since I left. Unless the 09 has already had it done you will need to add brake switches, turn signals and a horn.

Thanks! Looks like the 2011's were the only year they were street-legal from the factory. Kinda stinks Georgia is so strict, it really limits my choices...

Follow up....

Found a 2011 'berg 570 in Frisco, TX earlier this year (thanks bikefinds.com) in primo shape with low miles and a meticulous owner. Bought it sight unseen. Along the way I made the mistake of walking into the local Husky dealer (Atlanta BWM/Ducati/Husqvarna...GREAT folks) and walked out with a 2016 FE350S. Hands down, the two best bikes I've ever owned, OR ridden. Both are completely road-legal from the manufacturer, so no tag issues. After being out of riding for about 10 years (stupid career stuff) it feels great to have the bikes back in the garage. Thanks to everyone that messaged and replied here. See ya at the trail!