2015 CRF450 More power

I ride the dunes and weigh close to 250 with full gear on. Is it possible to get close to or 60+ HP out of a 15 with just an exhaust, cam and mapping? I test rode a 2015 and the power wasn't as good at some of the other brands I rode. 

19 hours ago, jut199 said:

I ride the dunes and weigh close to 250 with full gear on. Is it possible to get close to or 60+ HP out of a 15 with just an exhaust, cam and mapping? I test rode a 2015 and the power wasn't as good at some of the other brands I rode. 

No way. 60 is a max effort build. You need lots of work done to your head. Big cam. High comp piston, race gas etc. Cam exhaust and mapping won't give u more than a few up.

15 minutes ago, Robt85 said:

No way. 60 is a max effort build. You need lots of work done to your head. Big cam. High comp piston, race gas etc. Cam exhaust and mapping won't give u more than a few up.

Like a 5hp gain or is that not likely with a cam, pipe, and mapping? 

More like 2-3 hp. Saw a test on exhaust for the 15 crf450f. Most systems only gave .5 to 1 hp more than stock. You need more headflow. Running oxygenated race fuel can give your bike 2 to 3 hp I've heard. Have someone port your head would be my first step if I were you. Then cam and exhaust. Then maybe 5-6 hp with mapping.

• Like 1

It be cheaper for u to sell your bike and get 17 crf450r straight away

I thought a stage 2 cam, high comp piston and remap would get you damn near 60hp on the '13-14? I don't really care about numbers but I know doing those to my '14 made a very noticeable difference. Was like $400... It rips harder than anything I've ever ridden, I've not ridden a newer than that 450 though and we all know in those years the crf's were the least powerful, but I owned a kx500 with 529 kit and my brother ownes a dorked out Service Honda 500 and I feel my 450 runs alot better. To me at least. 

Yes,u4 or mr12fuel, single fmf, 14-1 piston or mill head mine was -19thou stage 2 cam, crower regrind, or hamp cam, remap for fuel.  would be close.My 13 stock on crowers dyno was 49.5 . Took 15 off barrel(40 bucks) crower regrind cam(200 in 13) remap for u4 (70) yosh pipe, fmf single is better hp wise bike made 57.6 hp on his dyno +8.1 vs stock.

• Like 1