I recently bought a 2000 ktm 520sx. Im new to the world of street riding and have some questions. I took it for a short ride today and it would die every time I would come to a stop and would be difficult to kickstart it again. The guy I bought it from had it jetted for 6000' elevation. I talked to the local mechanic and he said I need to adjust the main jet and the needle and probably the fuel mixture screw. Is there anything easy I can do in the meantime to make it easier to start and also easier to keep running. Thanks in advance for any advice.

On 5/1/2017 at 5:00 PM, khorat77 said:

I recently bought a 2000 ktm 520sx. Im new to the world of street riding and have some questions. I took it for a short ride today and it would die every time I would come to a stop and would be difficult to kickstart it again. The guy I bought it from had it jetted for 6000' elevation. I talked to the local mechanic and he said I need to adjust the main jet and the needle and probably the fuel mixture screw. Is there anything easy I can do in the meantime to make it easier to start and also easier to keep running. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Try Dirt Bike>Make/Model/>KTM>SX4. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Buy a good quality adjustable fuel screw and replace the pilot jet with a new one.