Best offroad boots for racing?

Hey guys I'm in the market for a new pair of boots. My tech 10s are getting there.. I race enduros and harescrambles. Price is a concern, but I will spend $500 if it's worth it. What does everyone recommend? Please only respond if you race and put a lot of solid hard riding into your boots for good testing. Preferably B riders and better. Sorry if that's harsh. Thanks a lot!

10 hours ago, honda05crf said:

Hey guys I'm in the market for a new pair of boots. My tech 10s are getting there.. I race enduros and harescrambles. Price is a concern, but I will spend $500 if it's worth it. What does everyone recommend? Please only respond if you race and put a lot of solid hard riding into your boots for good testing. Preferably B riders and better. Sorry if that's harsh. Thanks a lot!

I'm not the racer you're looking for but Haaker wears sidi crossfire 2s. 

Sidi Crossfire 2 (and now 3) & Gaerne SG12s seem to be very popular with the top racers and widely regarded as the top two boots you can buy. Biggest difference being toe box size. Sidi's being more of an "athletic" fit while the gaernes are said to be wider. Both have solid reputations for protection and durability. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

I don't race (so you can ignore) but I ride quite a bit and ride hard. Im having good luck with the sidi crossfire 2 srs. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SenorThumpy said:

I'm not the racer you're looking for but Haaker wears sidi crossfire 2s. 

Sidi Crossfire 2 (and now 3) & Gaerne SG12s seem to be very popular with the top racers and widely regarded as the top two boots you can buy. Biggest difference being toe box size. Sidi's being more of an "athletic" fit while the gaernes are said to be wider. Both have solid reputations for protection and durability. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

I don't race (so you can ignore) but I ride quite a bit and ride hard. Im having good luck with the sidi crossfire 2 srs. 

Thanks for the good info. I just meant racers, so I don't get some old smuck who sits the whole time giving me advice haha.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. It's between Gaerne SG12 and Sidi crossfire 2 or 3. Im not sure if my feet are "wide" and my calves are probably smaller than average, so I'm going to find a store that has these boots to try on or I'll have to order both on RM and return the other...

• Like 1

If you've got feet that are on the slightly slimmer side of average or just slimmer in general you want crossfire 2's. SG12 and many others (alpinestar) are apparently made for people with boats for feet, none of them have ever fit me right, no feel of the controls, foot (toe area) all lose and such.

After all the pairs of boots I've owned I'll never buy anything but crossfires from now on.

I have a couple pair of Sidi and some MSR boots.  The Crossfire 2 are an awesome fit, took a little bit to break in and yes I have narrow feet.  The MSR are boats and I don't like all the extra room for my foot to move around.  

I would base my choice between the Gs and the Ss on my foot width.  

I have about 200 hard hrs on a pair of SG-12s and have only broken one buckle... They are very comfortable and the protection is top notch..  I had Sidi CF2s briefly but they were too narrow but also great boot otherwise..  

On 5/2/2017 at 3:11 PM, honda05crf said:

Thanks for the good info. I just meant racers, so I don't get some old smuck who sits the whole time giving me advice haha.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. It's between Gaerne SG12 and Sidi crossfire 2 or 3. Im not sure if my feet are "wide" and my calves are probably smaller than average, so I'm going to find a store that has these boots to try on or I'll have to order both on RM and return the other...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if you have smaller than avg calves, you'd most likely fit sidis well. Typically people with smaller calves don't have monster wide feet. I have average feet and calves and fit nicely in the sidis, I wouldn't want any more room in the toe box. Another advantage to the sidis is how repairable the boot is, especially if you go with the SRS model. You can rebuild almost the entire boot and sidi offers all the parts in multiple colors