Sign in to follow this  

HELP ME IDENTIFY THIS BIKE

So like an idiot I was on craigslist and found a very cheap Enduro 250. The problem is I have no idea what year or brand of bike it is due to the VIN number being scratched off on the bike. Wondering if anyone recognizes this bike or can identify what kind of a bike it is. I can attach images of the bike below. THANKS!

IMG_8047.JPG

IMG_8046.JPG

IMG_8045.JPG

IMG_8044.JPG

IMG_8043.JPG

VIN scratched off, accidentally or voluntarily , don't bother looking any further into this bike.

Stolen or not, it's simply asking for trouble.

• Like 1

If I understand correctly,

despite a scratched off VIN and not knowing what brand, model, year bike you've already purchased it ...

Edited by mlatour

yeah sell it. or for the best result, turn into the local pd. they can most likely find its home or scrap it. afterall thats pretty much all that can me done.

can you get a better picture of the plate to help us out?

It's a GY200 Chinese DS/Enduro. Nearly identical bikes were made by several brands. The engine is a CG style, cloned from a Honda that was not sold in the US. If it's a lifan brand engine, it's not a half bad engine. They can be used as decent replacement engines in Honda XR 200s and some older Honda atcs with a bit of minor fab work Can't help you with the VIN issue.

If your local PD is anything like mine they won't give $#i✓ about it unless it was very recently stollen. I hope didn't pay much.

Edited by HappyAndy