New garmin GPS camera with speed elevation data

I have the Virb Ultra 30. Great camera and the gmetrix features are awesome. I actually prefer it alot over my old go pro. The only problem I have with it is the video record switch has flipped to off occasionally from running through low brush so I just started using the voice activation to avoid that from happening.

Check out my youtube channel for a ton of virb footage.

That is the next model up - Super sharp picture. I'm going to add the slope percentage nice touch. Thx for sharing Looks like some fun fast riding!

That is the next model up - Super sharp picture. I'm going to add the slope percentage nice touch. Thx for sharing Looks like some fun fast riding!

Thanks. Those trails look awesome in your vid. I miss trails like that but there aren't alot near me. Looks like the rain forest.

23 hours ago, roost250 said:

Camera and Vedder looks great. Stick in the boot not so much :)

PNW rain forest and I need to get down and ride Vedder soon but don't know the trails that well and might PM you :)

Slightly north in Squamish for 4/30/17

20170430_130904.thumb.jpg.1c94cf06c46039aa04025cb6403c7047.jpg

Edited by filterx

OP that's a cool camera and nice fast footage. Vedder is a blast, I've recorded many videos of that place but have done it with a GoPRo Hero3 Black. I'd love to have the GPS overlay although it appears to have a little lag on your video. I've given a lot of thought to getting a different camera for a change but never quite sure what to get. The new Sony with image stabilisation might just be the winner unless GoPro ups their game again. Hard to make the break from GoPro, they've been the industry leader for so long. Thanks for posting this video taken with your new camera, very nice to see what it can do. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:14 PM, Pittbull said:

OP that's a cool camera and nice fast footage. Vedder is a blast, I've recorded many videos of that place but have done it with a GoPRo Hero3 Black. I'd love to have the GPS overlay although it appears to have a little lag on your video. I've given a lot of thought to getting a different camera for a change but never quite sure what to get. The new Sony with image stabilisation might just be the winner unless GoPro ups their game again. Hard to make the break from GoPro, they've been the industry leader for so long. Thanks for posting this video taken with your new camera, very nice to see what it can do. 

I don't know what you mean by "unless gopro ups their game"? they have everything garmin offers plus some other features. BTW gps doesn't work so well in the woods. seems every time I see a video  riding in the woods with gps data whether garmin or gopro, its always laggy.

I don't know what you mean by "unless gopro ups their game"? they have everything garmin offers plus some other features. BTW gps doesn't work so well in the woods. seems every time I see a video  riding in the woods with gps data whether garmin or gopro, its always laggy.

GoPro is awesome don't get me wrong but they've got some ground to cover to catch the new Sony lens, it has GPS but not able to track like the Garmin. They claim to have video stabilization but rumor has it that it isn't up to the Sony. GoPro has to work to stay number 1.
And then there's the price tag. :(

7 hours ago, Pittbull said:

GoPro is awesome don't get me wrong but they've got some ground to cover to catch the new Sony lens, it has GPS but not able to track like the Garmin. They claim to have video stabilization but rumor has it that it isn't up to the Sony. GoPro has to work to stay number 1.
And then there's the price tag. :(

its able to track EXACTLY like garmin. I honestly have no idea about the sony but image stabilization makes a world of a difference on the gopro.

• Like 1