2008 crf250r hard start

I recently did a top end on my 2008 crf250r.  This includes a new piston and rings as well as stainless steel valves done by fast heads.  I've put about 8 hours on the bike since the rebuild.  Today i decided to start the bike because i haven't ridden in a coupe weeks due to a hand injury.  It was nearly impossible to start.  I lost count of the number of times i kicked the bike.  I pulled the valve cover and checked the clearances and they were perfect.  I double checked the timing thinking it may have jumped a tooth but it was also perfect. I pulled the pilot jet out and it was clean, checked spark and it was fine.  The plug was damp but not soaked so i know it's getting fuel.  Fuel screw is 2 turns out.  After i finally got the bike to start i let it idle for a minute shut it off thinking it would restart easily.  It wouldn't.  After dozens of kicks i got it started again but i had the same problem, it didn't want to restarted.  No combination of choke or hot start seemed to help.  I'm at a loss. When The bike is running it runs very crisp and idles fine.   The only thing i haven't done is put fresh fuel in it which I'll do tomorrow.  Any ideas?

Have you tried with fresh fuel yet?

Have you inspected and cleaned the: fuel cap vent, petcock, fuel line, inlet needle/seat, set the float height recently ?

Edited by mlatour

The fresh fuel should have been the first option. With these bikes its more of a process of eliminating possibilities, rather than seeking the issue right of the bat.  Also it needs to go for a proper run.

Also check for:

any air-box leaks. 

TPS position 

Im getting fuel to both the bowl and cylinder, i havent adjusted the float height since ive owned the bike and have never had a problem. Morover im not getting any fuel leaking from the overflow line. I also havent touched the tps since ive owned the bike so i dont know how it could have gotten out of adjustment. I drained the tank and put in fresh fuel but it still won't start. Its got air,  fuel,  spark and compression but it will not run.  I can't even get it to push start.  Idk what to do guys.

Maybe flywheel has moved somehow on crankshaft thus not giving a spark at a right time? Maybe pull the flywheel and check woodruff key? Just a thought.