Hi all, i just got my 500 and couldn't be happier. Im looking for some advice my best option for setting up my front and rear suspension. I ride a supermoto set up 98% on street and weigh 240 geared up. Heres some eye candy for y'all. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_1386.JPG

IMG_1392.JPG

• Like 1

You can call slavens and they can give you an idea of what springs to get or go to racetechs website and plug your info in for a recommended spring rate.  Don't forget to add the weight of your gear.

Ohhh my SM wheels are getting mounted right now for my '17 500 exc. What did you do to your fork guards? Any pictures? Looks like the front won't fit it stock. 

1 hour ago, bldmtnrider said:

You can call slavens and they can give you an idea of what springs to get or go to racetechs website and plug your info in for a recommended spring rate.  Don't forget to add the weight of your gear.

Just gave them a call and got some great info. I'll be ordering my new spring set up from them tonight. Super nice and knowledgeable people. 

35 minutes ago, TriumphTriple said:

Ohhh my SM wheels are getting mounted right now for my '17 500 exc. What did you do to your fork guards? Any pictures? Looks like the front won't fit it stock. 

I got the bike with 600 miles and the SM wheels were already mounted so i can't help you with your question unfortunately.

I'm 225 geared up and at the top edge (probably over the edge a tad) of the stock spring rate.  What spring rates are you going with?

You can easily trim the fork guards to clear the wider street tire. Attached is a photo of my Husky with OEM trimmed guards. 

Husky.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/2/2017 at 10:10 AM, TriumphTriple said:

Easy peasy you just grind the plastic guard where the tire hits. 

No cush drive for me. I run 90% dirt wheels so it wasn't worth the extra money. There wasn't enough of a benefit for me. I would think if you were going to run 20k miles on SM wheels it might be worth it.