2006 DRZ400 price?

I am going to go to an auction that has this bike on it. The bike is Blue and has 5000 miles on it. That is all I know about it.  I am asking about what to look for on this bike? I know to look for rust in the tank. Blown shocks. What else should I look for? And what is a guideline on price thanks. 

Your almost going to have to look at local craigslist prices if you can for how much they are around you . On here you'll get some people say $1500 is more than it worth because they can get them for that any day , other places like around me you can't get one under $3k regardless of year for the S models , SM models are $4500 , since only 2 or 3 per year come up for sale of all models (no E's around here really). You should hear it run at least to listen to the motor , at 5K miles it should be in good shape but some people can destroy anything in less miles.

6 hours ago, idaho ron said:

I am going to go to an auction that has this bike on it. The bike is Blue and has 5000 miles on it. That is all I know about it.  I am asking about what to look for on this bike? I know to look for rust in the tank. Blown shocks. What else should I look for? And what is a guideline on price thanks. 

2006 at an auction.... Look for the price to go over $500, then walk away.

Seriously, auctions are not the place where you want to pay a premium, ever

I forgot to add this is a farm auction. The farmer has several bikes on the auction and no info on working condition.  

At the auction they may or may not have them running with NO chance to ride. 

Just for a reference, I paid a private seller $2800 for a good running 2006 plated E model about three years ago. It is hard to find a plated E in New Mexico.  Even with 8K additional miles, I would want nearly the same price if I sold it today.  But bikes are a little higher priced here because we have year round riding (Desert in Winter/Mountains in Summer)!  Also check NADA for your area.

For DR-Z400SK6

In NM NADA TOTAL PRICE: Retail $5,599  Low $2,495 High $3,285 without any add ons.

at an auction like you describe its hard to say .. i'd probably see if anyone was going for it and if it didnt look beat to hell maybe try to snatch it up for a grand ..