DRZ Taking oil

Heya everyone!

After fixing my stator I've been riding around a little and notice my DRZ takes quite a bit of oil, I changed the oil a few 100 km's ago and added 1.8/1.9 liters, and noticed when I checked the oil it was nearly under minimum. How often do you guys add oil in between oil changes, and how much oil do you add?

Cheers!

Look up the oil check procedure.

Riding at high rpm uses more oil than low rpm

16 minutes ago, ohgood said:

Look up the oil check procedure.

Riding at high rpm uses more oil than low rpm

I did look it up, everyone says something different on the forums. My DRZ isn't in a heated garage so when it's 4 degrees outside or 18 the oil temperature is also different. I ride it hot, come back wait 5 minutes and check it...

i never add oil or even check it .. if theres not a puddle under it or obvious leakage theres oil in there .. it will get adjusted when i change it at ~2 grand .. if there was a problem, and there never has been, and i pulled the drain plug and a drip and alittle dust came out .. then i would worry about it ..

Edited by cowpie

On 5/2/2017 at 5:50 AM, arpuS said:

I did look it up, everyone says something different on the forums. My DRZ isn't in a heated garage so when it's 4 degrees outside or 18 the oil temperature is also different. I ride it hot, come back wait 5 minutes and check it...

Not much has changed in the last 18 years of the drz engine. Here's the first hit on Google, and a ten year old thread on thumpertalk. 

Same method every time yields reliable results. If there isn't a puddle since the last ride, enjoy your next ride.