What kind of FCR carb do I have?

Hi! Just whant to clarify things up...I bought my bike last fall and I want to know witch FCR model is installed on it and if it's a good setup. The fuel hose is a little bit kinked near the petcock outlet and I'm wondering if a oem DRZ400E petcock would be better? Also, I see that on the airboot side there is a piece of rubber sleeve to fill the gap between the airboot and the carb intake; is there a better way of fitting this carb?

Thanks!

20170502_064217.jpg

20170502_064235.jpg

drz_2.jpg

Edited by Sebastien Gagnon

That fuel line issue is why I've said over and over to not use the Raptor petcock with the stock tanks , they don't fit worth a crap and a person ends up with what you have or worse . The FCR doesn't appear to have the removable bell . It's hard to say what size it actually is but likely a 39 . The boot is a bad way to do it you should take the carb out and get some sizes to see if the E boot will fit or if the carb just has a small inlet size . As long as it's a 39mm carb they're about the same so it wouldn't be any gain to swapping it for "the correct" one .

• Like 1

That fuel line issue is why I've said over and over to not use the Raptor petcock with the stock tanks , they don't fit worth a crap and a person ends up with what you have or worse . The FCR doesn't appear to have the removable bell . It's hard to say what size it actually is but likely a 39 . The boot is a bad way to do it you should take the carb out and get some sizes to see if the E boot will fit or if the carb just has a small inlet size . As long as it's a 39mm carb they're about the same so it wouldn't be any gain to swapping it for "the correct" one .

Sorry for thread jack but I have a quick question.

I am running a TT fcr39 with short (Honda) choke, using raptor petcock, and the oem fuel hose that has factory bend to it. When you cut a small portion off factory oem fuel line and run this setup the bend in the hose just misses the short pull choke. Problem is when it's time to pull tank it is a massive pita. As you slide tank back and up to remove the wiggle room is next to none. I have thought about grinding away a small portion (approx 10mm) of the "U" shaped mount metal on the bottom of the tank to help alleviate this issue but not sure that's the route I want to take yet. I definitely do not want to run a vacuum petcock or the oem left on prime. Does anyone know of another non vacuum petcock that has the fuel feed dropping down vertically that will fit an oem drz400 tank.

Thank you

Awesome that appears to be exactly what I was looking for. Why must the hose be looped though (looks like it would just run down and over to carb)?

Also the yz petcock that has a reserve (second feed version on fleabay) looks as though the neck down is quite short, provided I run the oem drz petcock spacer this should clear the tank pinch welds?

Thank you

To answer the original question, that is a FCR, MX type.  Original to some motorcycle/ATV application.  Appears to have a functioning air cut off valve (coast enrichener).  Size unknown.  Original application unknown.  Yes there is a better way to fit the carb but probably requires some machining to make an adaptert to fit between the carb and the air intake boot.

• Like 3