2013+ Subframes

Looking to replace my broken plastic subframe on my 2013 XC with the aluminium EC one. Seems like Gas Gas lists 4 different part numbers:

2013       BE120003013
2014       BE12000CT-CAB-1
2015       BE12000CT-CAB-2
2017       BE12000CT-EKF-1

As far as I can tell these are all the same parts using the same frame and plastics. Can I safely order any year and install it on my 2013?

I have seen this done, I believe that the '14 is exactly the same so long as you order that it will work.

Interesting. I spoke to gasgaspartsguy who said his documentation says 2014-2017 are interchangeable but not 2013.

I had an order placed with MotocrossCenter for the 2013 subframe but apparently they are not allowed to sell to Canada under threat of loosing their Gas Gas dealer status. I have to deal through the Canadian distributor. Very disappointed in Gas Gas that I have to pay more and wait longer because of their bullshit business policies.

2014 and up will not fit your 13. The upgrade kits (going from plastic to aluminum) are on the way. If you haven't placed your order with a dealer, I suggest doing so ASAP.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rod.Overstreet said:

2014 and up will not fit your 13. The upgrade kits (going from plastic to aluminum) are on the way. If you haven't placed your order with a dealer, I suggest doing so ASAP.

Hi there. I have recently purchased a 2012 XC300. Third ride out and I have broken the plastic subframe. I really enjoy riding this bike but I think the plastic subframe lets it down.

I really want to find a alloy subframe but I cannot seem to find one. I have spent a bit of time online looking for a upgrade kit but not having much luck.

I am interested in this alloy upgrade kit. Will it fit my 2012 model? What does the kit include? Also would you have a part number of the kit?

Any help is much appreciated

On 5/5/2017 at 11:18 AM, Rod.Overstreet said:

Are you sure about that? I mean have you personally tried it or just going off what the documentation says? I know there's a big difference between 2012 and 2013 but I can't see any difference from 2013+ and more than one person has told me it has been done. Not that it matters since it seems like subframes of any year are non-existent.

I've had the 2013 aluminium frame on order now for over a month now. Had to rig up a sketchy aluminium plate to hold the seat on. As mentioned before I am very disappointed with Gas Gas. Worst part is I can't even sell the bike since its missing parts. All I can do is wait.

On 5/5/2017 at 5:54 PM, Jonathan Davis said:

Hi there. I have recently purchased a 2012 XC300. Third ride out and I have broken the plastic subframe. I really enjoy riding this bike but I think the plastic subframe lets it down.

I really want to find a alloy subframe but I cannot seem to find one. I have spent a bit of time online looking for a upgrade kit but not having much luck.

I am interested in this alloy upgrade kit. Will it fit my 2012 model? What does the kit include? Also would you have a part number of the kit?

Any help is much appreciated

From what I understand there was an upgrade kit for the 2012's but it's no longer available. What you seem to need to do is buy the 2013; aluminium subframe, fender support, number plates, trim pieces, seat, battery tray (if required), various fasteners, and maybe a fuel tank. I could be (probably am) missing some parts. Try and talk to a dealer about it or print off your parts manual and the 2013 racing part manual and compare them part by part.

Are you sure about that? I mean have you personally tried it or just going off what the documentation says? I know there's a big difference between 2012 and 2013 but I can't see any difference from 2013+ and more than one person has told me it has been done. Not that it matters since it seems like subframes of any year are non-existent.
I've had the 2013 aluminium frame on order now for over a month now. Had to rig up a sketchy aluminium plate to hold the seat on. As mentioned before I am very disappointed with Gas Gas. Worst part is I can't even sell the bike since its missing parts. All I can do is wait.

Well since Rod works for GasGas and is the Factory Rep I'd say his information is accurate.

Have you tried Matto Cycle in PA?

http://www.gasgaspartsguy.com/m/index.htm

You can call they'll help. They are a great dealer.

36 minutes ago, hadfield4wd said:

Well since Rod works for GasGas and is the Factory Rep I'd say his information is accurate.

Have you tried Matto Cycle in PA?

http://www.gasgaspartsguy.com/m/index.htm

You can call they'll help. They are a great dealer.

I get that he works for Gas Gas and normally would be inclined to take him at his word but for all I know he's just quoting factory documentation which has been challenged on it's accuracy. Many of the parts, like the fender support, didn't change numbers from 2013 to 2014+. The factory says it doesn't work yet individuals say they have done it or have seen it done. It would not surprise me if the factory documentation is inaccurate. It would not be the first time a company has missed something like this.

I talked to Matto. They didn't have parts either. There is a 2013 subframe on the west coast but without the fender support there's no benefit over my custom plate/broken plastic subframe combo. 2012 Fender supports are readily available but as mentioned earlier there was a big change from 2012-2013 and they don't fit (I know this one for a fact).

Edited by kgoodwin

I get that he works for Gas Gas and normally would be inclined to take him at his word but for all I know he's just quoting factory documentation which has been challenged on it's accuracy. Many of the parts, like the fender support, didn't change numbers from 2013 to 2014+. The factory says it doesn't work yet individuals say they have done it or have seen it done. It would not surprise me if the factory documentation is inaccurate. It would not be the first time a company has missed something like this.
I talked to Matto. They didn't have parts either. There is a 2013 subframe on the west coast but without the fender support there's no benefit over my custom plate/broken plastic subframe combo. 2012 Fender supports are readily available but as mentioned earlier there was a big change from 2012-2013 and they don't fit (I know this one for a fact).

I have had great dealings with Rod and matto.

Anyway if you go to gasgasrider.org. There is a wealth of gasgas knowledge.

Somebody there can help I'm sure.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hadfield4wd said:

I have had great dealings with Rod and matto.

Don't get me wrong, not saying either are bad to deal with. The guy at Matto was great to deal with on the phone. Just annoyed with the contradictory information out there and the brutal parts distribution. I should have had my parts a month ago for less money but I was not allowed to buy from Spain to protect North American dealers that don't have and can't seem to get the parts i want. Very frustrating.

Regardless, I have a temporary solution and the parts are supposedly on order. I don't really care about the whole 2013/2014 comparability thing anymore. I'm just ranting.

Don't get me wrong, not saying either are bad to deal with. The guy at Matto was great to deal with on the phone. Just annoyed with the contradictory information out there and the brutal parts distribution. I should have had my parts a month ago for less money but I was not allowed to buy from Spain to protect North American dealers that don't have and can't seem to get the parts i want. Very frustrating.
Regardless, I have a temporary solution and the parts are supposedly on order. I don't really care about the whole 2013/2014 comparability thing anymore. I'm just ranting.

Yeah they are still working through some distribution issues.

Good luck.

12 hours ago, kgoodwin said:

I can understand why you take my word with a grain of salt. No worries.

So you have called Matto, he should have told you the same thing I did. Regardless, give Halls Cycles in Springfield, IL a call (#1 GasGas dealer in the USA) and ask them. Strike out there? Your next step would be calling Dustin at Tri State in PA. They used to have the 13 kit but I think I sold it for them 6 months ago.

Let me know if there is anything I might be able to help you with. Good Luck :) 

12 hours ago, kgoodwin said:

There is a bit more to the story than you know. Do yourself and every US dealer here a favor. Keep your money at home if at all possible. If somehow you have found someone who can get that part while NOBODY in North America can...send me a PM with the info.

This has me curious. I've been up since 4 AM writing 2018 sales programs but I'm taking the time to write a quick e-mail to find out status on this part. I hope to have a reply by tomorrow night. Stay tuned.

8 hours ago, Rod.Overstreet said:

I can understand why you take my word with a grain of salt. No worries.

So you have called Matto, he should have told you the same thing I did.

Let me know if there is anything I might be able to help you with. Good Luck :) 

Matto did tell me the same thing. But again it was: "the book says...". Seems to be the people saying it doesn't work are quoting books while the people who say it does work are quoting examples where the parts were physically installed. That said for all I know the people who say it worked have their years wrong or something.

8 hours ago, Rod.Overstreet said:

There is a bit more to the story than you know. Do yourself and every US dealer here a favor. Keep your money at home if at all possible. If somehow you have found someone who can get that part while NOBODY in North America can...send me a PM with the info.

This has me curious. I've been up since 4 AM writing 2018 sales programs but I'm taking the time to write a quick e-mail to find out status on this part. I hope to have a reply by tomorrow night. Stay tuned.

So the shop I had my parts on order with (local shop, not a GasGas dealer) seem to have abandoned ship on GasGas. Can't say I'm super happy about that but I also can't blame him. If his parts channels are dry it just makes him look bad.

I've manged to piece together most of the parts I need ordering the subframe out of British Columbia and apparently the only fender support in North America from Matto.

I want to support my local and national dealer network and there are probably more of these parts out there if I searched harder. But when the parts are in stock, cheaper (even with exchange and shipping), and arrive faster from European dealers it's hard to justify spending my time calling every dealer in the country asking for them to check their inventory.

I really hope everything gets sorted out. It's not a great look for GasGas at the moment.

Update. I called our Parts Distribution Mgr today, he reports we just sold our last 2 seat / sub frame conversion kits to dealers last week, but is expecting more in his next shipment of stocking parts any day now. When I told him of your concern, he contacted the factory to make sure the kits were available (which they are) and assured me the kit is considered a "stocking item" and has it included his "min-max" inventory system. All is well on this end.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rod.Overstreet said:

Update. I called our Parts Distribution Mgr today, he reports we just sold our last 2 seat / sub frame conversion kits to dealers last week, but is expecting more in his next shipment of stocking parts any day now. When I told him of your concern, he contacted the factory to make sure the kits were available (which they are) and assured me the kit is considered a "stocking item" and has it included his "min-max" inventory system. All is well on this end.

Just to clarify, this kit if for the 2012 or 2013 model? I know there was a 2012 upgrade kit but the 2013 parts (seat, subframe) appear to be identical to the 2014-2017 parts. Is this a factory kit to upgrade 2013 to 2014-2017 parts?

9 minutes ago, hadfield4wd said:

Can't get much better service than that!

Agreed. Although I would have preferred to just been able to buy my parts, Rod clearly desires to see the situation rectified. Nice to have access like this through a public forum.

Edited by kgoodwin

6 hours ago, kgoodwin said:

Just to clarify, this kit if for the 2012 or 2013 model? I know there was a 2012 upgrade kit but the 2013 parts (seat, subframe) appear to be identical to the 2014-2017 parts. Is this a factory kit to upgrade 2013 to 2014-2017 parts?

Agreed. Although I would have preferred to just been able to buy my parts, Rod clearly desires to see the situation rectified. Nice to have access like this through a public forum.

Well...I am trying. Hit every tree down the trail but I'm not quitting until we get it right :) Thanks for the kind words guys and Kyle, you have my contact info. Let's stay in touch.