Are the 2103/2014 Red heads really less reliable than the black heads 2012?

Seems like there are some that say yes and others say no...any logical reason for the perceived lower reliability?

I don't know anything about the "black heads" but my brother has a 14 te511 that runs like a top with 5000+ miles on it. He paid $5000 for it used. I bought a 16 fe350 and every time I ride his bike I wonder why I coughed up an extra 5k for mine.   

The most major drawback is parts-- usually can find what we need for his 14 with some hunting but takes a long time to ship and expensive. 

Kymco BMW vrs Cagiva Italian. Everything after 13 for 449/511/630 was the Kymco BMW, Husqvarna now is just a rebadged KTM.  

My 08 redhead has been superb and over 324 hours before preventative rebuild. Only another 75 hours since then in 2013, been on my YZ and Beta more.  

your not  asking   which models     talking about  the  230 310 which had  the BMW  designed  top end  for  more  HP.   ?     they run  great  but do  need  to  b  looked  after.    quality oil and  frequent  oil  change will  b  your friend.  the  449 and 511  are  true  BMW  engines,    they do need  some help  to perform,  get your  go  goodies f rom Ty David.    You  might want  to post  any  other  questions on CafeHusky.com    great  husky only site