Jap bike for my girlfriend

Hello guys and gals,

So i've finally convinced my girlfriend to ride with me .

We have decided on a jap bike ( kx, yz , rm ,cr ) 85, not new as we are only going to do trails .

But she is scared of it's sound , i had my exc 400 quieted down by a mechanic , but i want to do hers myself .

1st thought was an FMF Q Stealth , but does not fit on any 85 at all .

What do you guys suggest , how can i quiet down a kx/cr/yz/rm 85 ?

Best Regards to you all

Honestly I started my wife out on a yz 85 and it was alright she got the hang of the power band and did good on the trails but after she tried out the kx 100 she was sold,it is really pretty quiet with the stock exaust and has such softer hit compared to the yz but still gets after it.and the cockpit and seat height are just a little bigger.my wife 5ft 2in and felt a little big on the 85.as for exaust stock is gonna be the quietest in my opinion.

I started my wife on a 250 4t.  Enough power to cruise improved roads, smooth power delivery and no scary power band.  Estart, and no fuel to mix.  They get overwhelmed easily.  

6 hours ago, endurocross said:

Hello guys and gals,

So i've finally convinced my girlfriend to ride with me .

We have decided on a jap bike ( kx, yz , rm ,cr ) 85, not new as we are only going to do trails .

But she is scared of it's sound , i had my exc 400 quieted down by a mechanic , but i want to do hers myself .

1st thought was an FMF Q Stealth , but does not fit on any 85 at all .

What do you guys suggest , how can i quiet down a kx/cr/yz/rm 85 ?

Best Regards to you all

db snorkel on stock exhaust or a 125cc TRIALS bike with a seat adapted ?

• Like 1