Hey guys I'm new to this forum.

Im looking for some help, I have a 1989 Yz 125 with blown rear suspension. The spring it self appears to be in good shape but the shock absorber is toast. The problem I'm having is trying to find information or even parts on how to rebuild it. I've called every part supplier there is and no one has a re build kit for it. I've talked to so many people. This is my last hope.

Even if I could find what year shock I could buy to switch them out would help huge. Please help me!!!!! Thanks in advanced!

I would check with some of the rebuilders like racetech.  From there you are going to be looking for shocks that are close to the same length and have the same clevis etc.   You can spend more than a rig with that much time is worth pretty fast.  Ebay etc is your next stop.  

• Like 1

If the shock is damaged internally, then buy a used one off eBay from the same bike model and year, then buy rebuild parts.

EDIT: You may not find a "kit", but have to buy individual parts. I sometimes assemble and sell a "kit" for KDX's, as no one sells a "kit" for them, but if one shops around, one can piece all the individual parts together. This sounds like most real early 90's, late 80's models that use the normal parts.

Edited by KDXGarage