H series Kdx kicker stuck

Out of the blue my kicker got stuck like there was something hung between the teeth. Put the bike in 4th or 5th and rocked it back and forth. Then the kicker started working again. Took it apart found nothing. Checked the kickstart mechanism, idler gear,and clutch basket. For any chipped or broken teeth found nothing. It's not hanging up now. I don't know what caused this.

My guess would be the spring hanging up one way or another. Also the white bushing can be a tad bit off, not necessarily seen by visual inspection. IMO, you should tanks that assembly apart, inspect for wear, replace parts as needed and resemble.

My guess would be the spring hanging up one way or another. Also the white bushing can be a tad bit off, not necessarily seen by visual inspection. IMO, you should tanks that assembly apart, inspect for wear, replace parts as needed and resemble.

Well I got it figured out. Wasn't nothing to do with the kicker at all. The little piece on the stator for the headlight behind the mag broke and had the bottom end locked up. It's all good got a stator on the way
  • Like 1