which 450cc is the most quiet bike?

If you'd need one (stock) for hunting in woods which one would you chose?

Edited by motf

Interesting... When you hunt with the bike, do you just ram into it? Or do you throw the bike at it? What's more effective, handbar, footpeg, tire? 

• Like 6

Anything that you are hunting will be able to hear any 450 coming from a long way off. I'm not sure that being 93db vs 97db would really make a difference in how much game you see.

Get an electric bike if you want to be semi quiet and just don't plan on going more than 15 miles or whatever the range is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, woods-rider said:

Anything that you are hunting will be able to hear any 450 coming from a long way off. I'm not sure that being 93db vs 97db would really make a difference in how much game you see.

Not if he pushes it.  Get a KTM, it's as close to blaze orange as it gets.

7 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Just passed couple deer the other day on my 450

did they notice you?

I see deer just about every time I go riding. Last time I was out, I stopped and took a picture of them and I was probably only 40 yards away. I have an 07 wr450 with the exhaust mod done

I see deer just about every time I go riding. Last time I was out, I stopped and took a picture of them and I was probably only 40 yards away. I have an 07 wr450 with the exhaust mod done

They are not black tailed deer. White tails or mulies?

19 minutes ago, motf said:

did they notice you?

Yes lol running for their lives . I go out back sometimes and deer will be on the track.  Funny I scare the shot out of them. But thier use to it around here. White tails good hunting here in upstate ny 

Edited by Motox367

6 minutes ago, William1 said:

I'd get a DRZ 400S Or a Honda XR400. I certainly would not buy a MX bike or a race woods bike.

A KTM, Husky, Beta or whatever bike is a stock DOT approved factory street legal dual sport bike would be a decent choice also. 

• Like 1

After crossing the track in front of me and stopping about 20 feet to the side,

a deer watched me go by for 2 more laps last summer before finally going on it's way.

12 hours ago, Obi-Wan Cojone said:

A KTM, Husky, Beta or whatever bike is a stock DOT approved factory street legal dual sport bike would be a decent choice also. 

that hunting digression was a little joke, I don't hunt animals. I play with them.  But I really would like to know which of the ktm, kawasaki, husky, beta, honda , yamaha 450cc is the quietest one stock.  I know already wr450f is loud, at least louder then ktm.

Edited by motf