I was thinking about getting one of those spray bottles for kitchen oil and using it to spray oil onto my air filter. Anyone ever tried this or something similar to it? I use the red lable no toil filter oil.

I use No Toil red for 6 years and just put on some rubber gloves and apply as they specify ( put some in the inside and work in/repeat) cus you need to work it in and let set-up.

I would love to see a video of someone making eggs and eating them with No Toil.

• Like 1

you wanna use oil that you make your eggs with to protect your airfilter?........whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

No, I will be using the no toil red lable filter oil, I just want to put it in a cooking oil spray bottle and spray it on the filter.
  • Like 2

Just now, 2strokebrapp said:

No, I will be using the no toil red lable filter oil, I just want to put it in a cooking oil spray bottle and spray it on the filter.

I guess i read it wrong, and yea you can do that no problem. I just spray the stuff on with the can it comes in. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2strokebrapp said:

I just thought this would be an easy way to evenly coat the filter and probably be cleaner too.

You could but you still need to work it in and why bother to try and pour the oil into another bottle cus you are just making a mess and wasting the oil.

I guess i read it wrong, and yea you can do that no problem. I just spray the stuff on with the can it comes in. 

The stuff I use doesn't come in a spray bottle.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TomTopDog12 said:

Not sure if it comes in a can but i usually buy the smaller bottles and pretty sure it would hard to put a sprayer on either of these.

0000-No-Toil-Air-Filter-Oil---.jpg

Not sure if it comes in a can but i usually buy the smaller bottles and pretty sure it would hard to put a sprayer on either of these.
0000-No-Toil-Air-Filter-Oil---.jpg

That's usually what I buy too, but I was thinking about just dumping it into another bottle that a sprayer goes into.

Why?

So I was interested and you can find a number of youtube vid and this dude does use a spray bottle (with the green) BUT IMO you are just wasting oil pouring it into another bottle when you can just pour it into the inside and work in as needed and get exactly the same results.

This is before and on my bike.

20160626_165456.jpg.4bc24b9d4e6b3353b8a4f5fe688ee680.jpg20160626_140845.thumb.jpg.76e2e050cdc12a570d30f4458a61f438.jpg

Why?
So I was interested and you can find a number of youtube vid and this dude does use a spray bottle (with the green) BUT IMO you are just wasting oil pouring it into another bottle when you can just pour it into the inside and work in as needed and get exactly the same results.
[/url] This is before and on my bike.
20160626_165456.jpg.4bc24b9d4e6b3353b8a4f5fe688ee680.jpg20160626_140845.thumb.jpg.76e2e050cdc12a570d30f4458a61f438.jpg

The reason I want to use a squirt bottle is because I can't seem to get an even coating around the entire filter without using more oil then necessary so I figured if I could use the squirt bottle I would be saving oil.

2 hours ago, 2strokebrapp said:

This is why I buy spray oil. Its more expensive, but gets an even coverage that cant be matched and then I work it in by hand.

This is why I buy spray oil. Its more expensive, but gets an even coverage that cant be matched and then I work it in by hand.

What do you use to clean it? I like the no toil because they make a cleaner designed for their oil and it works great.

19 hours ago, 2strokebrapp said:

What do you use to clean it? I like the no toil because they make a cleaner designed for their oil and it works great.

fuel. Been doing it that way for over 10 years and works great.

Edit: obviously I wash the fuel off extensively with detergent.

Edited by BushPig
  • Like 1

fuel. Been doing it that way for over 10 years and works great.

Doesn't that wear away the filter really quick? And does it get everything out of the filter?

2 minutes ago, 2strokebrapp said:

Doesn't that wear away the filter really quick? And does it get everything out of the filter?

Everyone says it does. I dont think I go through filers that often. I recommend you use something different just to indemnify myself, as it IS dangerous..

If you want best coverage, get rid of the spray cans and submerge it in oil in a 1 gal ziplock baggie.  Then squeeze out all the excess and you have the perfect coated air filter.  Still, I don't recommend water soluble air filter oils.  Maxima or Belray are good waterproof oils.

• Like 3

If you want best coverage, get rid of the spray cans and submerge it in oil in a 1 gal ziplock baggie.  Then squeeze out all the excess and you have the perfect coated air filter.  Still, I don't recommend water soluble air filter oils.  Maxima or Belray are good waterproof oils.

I asked my buddy about doing that before and he said even if I squeezed the hell out of it there would still be way too much oil in it still.