Sign in to follow this  

Gajser still think'n about Supercross

Last paragraph of the RacerX interview:

You've talked about supercross before and have been known to change career plans quite quickly. What is your thinking at the moment?
Many people knew that we were talking of change after winning the MXGP title, but it happened so quickly that I wasn’t sure about moving yet to supercross. I think we made the right decision to stay one more year here and next year we will see. Maybe we will do some [SX] races. The goal now is to do the Monster Cup because for the last two years I haven’t had much luck and been injured at that time. I hope it will be third time lucky.

http://racerxonline.com/2017/04/18/open-mic-tim-gajser

If Roczen does not return in 2018, growing Gajser into a US racer could be a good strategy for Red.

• Like 4

He should give up on the idea

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 150dirtcomber said:

Red's best hope tbh. Even if Frankenstein arm does come back.

If KRoc came comeback (I don't see it though), You just came up with KRoc's newest nickname!!!

ROCZENSTEIN!!!!

Edited by MANIAC998
  • Like 4

Gajser is the real deal.  He would be a top 15 guy in SX on a 450 and contend for the title outdoors.  If Honda wants any chance of winning a Outdoor Title then they better bring this kid over here. Kroc is done and Cole is a great number 2 rider but will never be more than that. 

• Like 6

Gajser doesn't want to race deathcross and I don't blame him. I would really like to see him ride outdoors for at least 2 seasons

• Like 4

8 hours ago, RMZ819 said:

Gajser is the real deal.  He would be a top 15 guy in SX on a 450 and contend for the title outdoors.  If Honda wants any chance of winning a Outdoor Title then they better bring this kid over here. Kroc is done and Cole is a great number 2 rider but will never be more than that. 

I see your point, but the US Nationals seem like a step down for an MXGP guy. The MXGP series just has to be better paying, and a more prestigious crown than a US Nationals title.

Although, in the Nationals you are lining up with the best US riders, which are basically the US SX riders. I think if Tim came to the US, he would do the US thing, just like Marvin and Roczen have done.

If Tim has a dream of being a US SX champ, being on a Wheaties box, and/or riding a bike naked :jawdrop:, then he should go for it.

I like the guy. Always super positive a full of energy. I think he's a learner and a fighter. He would be legendary if he won two MXGP titles back to back, and then jumped the pond and won a few US titles.

• Like 2

So few world champions can adapt well , the sx takes it toll with crashes and the series is longer than mxgp , he should do outdoors but not sx

• Like 6

He's not ready to compete in the 450 class in Supercross. Forget that. If he wants to race Supercross he needs to race a 250 for a year, maybe two. The 450 class is stacked.

I don't think he would come over here to just race the US outdoor nationals. If he did come over, I'm sure it would all be part of a multi-year plan with a good team. Because he's with Honda now, I'm thinking it would still be Honda.

The guy's good! I don't get the negativity. Didn't Roczen and Marvin both win 250 (lights) titles in MXGP, and then come over here? Look at how good they've done. Gajser can do it too.

Gajser is en-route to being a back-to-back MXGP 450 champ. I get excited over the prospect of MXGP's best coming over here to race.

• Like 3

Lol he has a huge mountain ahead to win another title, yes others have done it , look at roczen now , look at how many injuries mm has had , I think gajser is not mature enough yet , he tries too hard

Negativity? I think almost everyone likes him!! That kid fights hard!!! He would do very well over here, especially Outdoors. Indoors will always take awhile, even for our American racers to learn.

I'm not negative towards him , I want to see him do well , in sx I think he won't

He wouldn't take a mx title either. The heat and humidity that some tracks bring is so intense if you don't grow up in it your at a disadvantage that can Really injure. Fatigue at those speeds is dangerous

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hendricus said:

I don't think he would come over here to just race the US outdoor nationals. If he did come over, I'm sure it would all be part of a multi-year plan with a good team. Because he's with Honda now, I'm thinking it would still be Honda.

The guy's good! I don't get the negativity. Didn't Roczen and Marvin both win 250 (lights) titles in MXGP, and then come over here? Look at how good they've done. Gajser can do it too.

Gajser is en-route to being a back-to-back MXGP 450 champ. I get excited over the prospect of MXGP's best coming over here to race.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, phantom451 said:

He wouldn't take a mx title either. The heat and humidity that some tracks bring is so intense if you don't grow up in it your at a disadvantage that can Really injure. Fatigue at those speeds is dangerous

Training in the heat would get him up to pace, lots of good options in that Florida swamp land

• Like 2

Training in the heat would get him up to pace, lots of good options in that Florida swamp land

I still think it would take lots of luck and time.
  • Like 1