Jump to content

New MRD

Recommended Posts

Got my MRD exhaust today and all I can say is wow is this thing nice. Super nice build quality and sounds awesome. Going to break the neighbors in with the quiet insert for a while.

20170502_170710.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same thoughts when I installed mine not too long ago. Excellent quality and sound. I've got 1400 miles on it so far and it's awesome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pat Kinsel said:

 Going to break the neighbors in with the quiet insert for a while.

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tunnels, under passes, kids at bus stops, cagers on cellphones, parking structures are fair game (just for starters).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Pat Kinsel said:

Got my MRD exhaust today and all I can say is wow is this thing nice. Super nice build quality and sounds awesome. Going to break the neighbors in with the quiet insert for a while.

20170502_170710.jpg

Seat Concepts low ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tunnels, under passes, kids at bus stops, cagers on cellphones, parking structures are fair game (just for starters).

The homeless camp under the overpass on my way to work gets a nice little wake up braap at 630 every morning. Slow to 30 then roll on in 4th as I pass through.
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 38super said:

Tunnels, under passes, kids at bus stops, cagers on cellphones, parking structures are fair game (just for starters).

J-walkers on cell phones, sensitive urban car alarms......................................... :ride:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wuz waiting at a light, guy rolls up in a nice 70s Chevy P/U with a lumpy idle.  Gave him a short brap and held my hand next to my ear.  Got a healthy exhaust clearing throttle blip, oh yeah Rat Motor!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 38super said:

Wuz waiting at a light, guy rolls up in a nice 70s Chevy P/U with a lumpy idle.  Gave him a short brap and held my hand next to my ear.  Got a healthy exhaust clearing throttle blip, oh yeah Rat Motor!

ahhhhhh.......the good ol' cars  ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little off topic, but sound related, we just had a B-17 bomber here in town flying over the city and county giving tours. The engine roar is unmistakable and every time I heard it I looked up to see this awesome plane still flying.

I mentioned to my wife that it must have been frightening in Germany during the war when 250 or more flew over at a time, because you knew they carried bombs and were about to hit where you are.............

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Signman606 said:

A little off topic, but sound related, we just had a B-17 bomber here in town flying over the city and county giving tours. The engine roar is unmistakable and every time I heard it I looked up to see this awesome plane still flying.

I mentioned to my wife that it must have been frightening in Germany during the war when 250 or more flew over at a time, because you knew they carried bombs and were about to hit where you are.............

Nothing like the lumpy roar of an air-cooled radial.  :thumbsup:

Back in the day, the same plane was sporting a water-cooled in-line with a turbo. :smirk:

 

Edited by Bermudacat
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bermudacat said:

Nothing like the lumpy roar of an air-cooled radial.  :thumbsup:

Back in the day, the same plane was sporting a water-cooled in-line with a turbo. :smirk:

3yrs. ago my boss and I went during work hours to see it. His dad piloted one during the war and was shot down. He got all nostalgic and bought 2 tickets for us to go for a ride. Being in it and cruising around to all the stations that were manned during a real flight was cool, but what totally blew my mind was the thinness of the skin. A 22 cal. rifle would easily go through it, let alone what fighter planes were using.......the thing really vibrated and it was hard to imagine being in one during a wartime flight. WOW!!!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Signman606 said:

3yrs. ago my boss and I went during work hours to see it. His dad piloted one during the war and was shot down. He got all nostalgic and bought 2 tickets for us to go for a ride. Being in it and cruising around to all the stations that were manned during a real flight was cool , but what totally blew my mind was the thinness of the skin. A 22 cal. rifle would easily go through it, let alone what fighter planes were using.......the thing really vibrated and it was hard to imagine being in one during a wartime flight. WOW!!!!!

The German shrapnel was designed to tear canvas; no match for the aluminum skin of the US bombers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×