New MRD

Got my MRD exhaust today and all I can say is wow is this thing nice. Super nice build quality and sounds awesome. Going to break the neighbors in with the quiet insert for a while.

20170502_170710.jpg

• Like 3

I had the same thoughts when I installed mine not too long ago. Excellent quality and sound. I've got 1400 miles on it so far and it's awesome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pat Kinsel said:

Going to break the neighbors in with the quiet insert for a while.

:D

Tunnels, under passes, kids at bus stops, cagers on cellphones, parking structures are fair game (just for starters).

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Pat Kinsel said:

Got my MRD exhaust today and all I can say is wow is this thing nice. Super nice build quality and sounds awesome. Going to break the neighbors in with the quiet insert for a while.

20170502_170710.jpg

Seat Concepts low ? 

• Like 1

Tunnels, under passes, kids at bus stops, cagers on cellphones, parking structures are fair game (just for starters).

The homeless camp under the overpass on my way to work gets a nice little wake up braap at 630 every morning. Slow to 30 then roll on in 4th as I pass through.
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, 38super said:

J-walkers on cell phones, sensitive urban car alarms......................................... :ride:

• Like 3

Wuz waiting at a light, guy rolls up in a nice 70s Chevy P/U with a lumpy idle.  Gave him a short brap and held my hand next to my ear.  Got a healthy exhaust clearing throttle blip, oh yeah Rat Motor!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, 38super said:

Wuz waiting at a light, guy rolls up in a nice 70s Chevy P/U with a lumpy idle.  Gave him a short brap and held my hand next to my ear.  Got a healthy exhaust clearing throttle blip, oh yeah Rat Motor!

ahhhhhh.......the good ol' cars  ;)

• Like 1

A little off topic, but sound related, we just had a B-17 bomber here in town flying over the city and county giving tours. The engine roar is unmistakable and every time I heard it I looked up to see this awesome plane still flying.

I mentioned to my wife that it must have been frightening in Germany during the war when 250 or more flew over at a time, because you knew they carried bombs and were about to hit where you are.............

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Signman606 said:

A little off topic, but sound related, we just had a B-17 bomber here in town flying over the city and county giving tours. The engine roar is unmistakable and every time I heard it I looked up to see this awesome plane still flying.

I mentioned to my wife that it must have been frightening in Germany during the war when 250 or more flew over at a time, because you knew they carried bombs and were about to hit where you are.............

Nothing like the lumpy roar of an air-cooled radial.  :thumbsup:

Back in the day, the same plane was sporting a water-cooled in-line with a turbo. :smirk:

Edited by Bermudacat
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bermudacat said:

Nothing like the lumpy roar of an air-cooled radial.  :thumbsup:

Back in the day, the same plane was sporting a water-cooled in-line with a turbo. :smirk:

3yrs. ago my boss and I went during work hours to see it. His dad piloted one during the war and was shot down. He got all nostalgic and bought 2 tickets for us to go for a ride. Being in it and cruising around to all the stations that were manned during a real flight was cool, but what totally blew my mind was the thinness of the skin. A 22 cal. rifle would easily go through it, let alone what fighter planes were using.......the thing really vibrated and it was hard to imagine being in one during a wartime flight. WOW!!!!!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Signman606 said:

3yrs. ago my boss and I went during work hours to see it. His dad piloted one during the war and was shot down. He got all nostalgic and bought 2 tickets for us to go for a ride. Being in it and cruising around to all the stations that were manned during a real flight was cool , but what totally blew my mind was the thinness of the skin. A 22 cal. rifle would easily go through it, let alone what fighter planes were using.......the thing really vibrated and it was hard to imagine being in one during a wartime flight. WOW!!!!!

The German shrapnel was designed to tear canvas; no match for the aluminum skin of the US bombers.

• Like 1