2018 KTMs revealed. KTM already pushing these gen bikes out the door?

KTM has just released up close pictures of the new KTMs. From what we've read the main things they are boasting are revised suspension settings and different graphics. Now more will be shown in the light the further we get but this is pretty much the jist for the majority of the bikes. What is intresting is they are making the frames orange. if you are KTM fan boy like myself you'd know that the 2015 bikes had Oranage frames and they were the last bikes to be made before the 16 gen bikes were made. Not only that but KTM is reaching their 4th cycle and  with these 2018 bikes and 2019 they will move on to better things. a whole new bike. I'm really exicted to see what KTM has in store for us with these 2018 and more importantly the 2019/2020 bikes. I think right now everyones fired up with the new TPI (Transfer port injection) bikes coming this summer so we will see how it pans out. All i can say is these new 2018's look great and knowing KTM as well as i do i know they will be great. 

What are your thoughts? I personally feel that it went by wayyy to quick with this 16 gen bikes. Felt like just yesterday we had them shown to us. now they're on the way out? hmmm

max_KTM_250_SX_F_MY2018_177664.jpg

max_KTM_450_SX_F_MY2018_259929.jpg

max_KTM_125_SX_MY2018_648752.jpg

• Like 3

They look good but not much difference than the 2017's other than the orange frame. I'm going to buy my boy a 250f this summer but I want to see what the 2018 Yamaha yz250fm looks like too. If Yamaha don't make any changes I might just get a 17 model cheaper.

• Like 1

Newer, better, faster, smoother and more reliable.

They are all these things. But then again my 2009 and 2010 work pretty well (my 1988 not so much). And the were newer, better, faster smoother and more reliable than the last ones in 2008 and 2009 respectively.

Something else for '18; FI for the 2t. I was at a dealer yesterday, and the guy told me a local tuner got to test the new FI 2t.  It got raves from those who rode it. Sounds interesting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drumiv said:

Something else for '18; FI for the 2t. I was at a dealer yesterday, and the guy told me a local tuner got to test the new FI 2t.  It got raves from those who rode it. Sounds interesting.

you realize only a handful of 250s will get the tpi right?

Didn't know that. I just think it's cool they're doing it at all. Also think it's cool KTM sent one here to test, not some magazine. A little local pride, I guess. It will give the haters something to really bitch about. 

3 minutes ago, drumiv said:

Didn't know that. I just think it's cool they're doing it at all. Also think it's cool KTM sent one here to test, not some magazine. A little local pride, I guess. It will give the haters something to really bitch about. 

I don't think its awesome. its rumored to raise the cost by about 1k dollars. the only reason there making tpi is because of euro 4, or is it 5, regulations.

• Like 1

They show 2018 bikes too soon because this stop consumers going to others brands shop. (but they don't have the bikes to sell)

give me a 250 fx with lights that weighs under 225 lbs with 2.25 gallons of gas in the tank. I dont care who makes it but I hope honda hears this. I will run straight to the bank.

Edited by olirides
wrong spelling

10 hours ago, cdf450 said:

wtf is a "gen" bike?

gen---generation  This thread is old news.

Edited by YHGEORGE

"Ktm already pushing these generation bikes out the door". Still doesn't make sense

2 hours ago, cdf450 said:

"Ktm already pushing these generation bikes out the door". Still doesn't make sense

KTM went from 2007 to 2010 before they changed to a whole new bike, That would be considered a Gen (generation) 2011 to 2012 was some new plastics and frame stuff i don't know if i'd consider that a new gen of bikes. but 2011 to 2015 was also a generation before going to the 2016 bikes we have now. and as i said KTM generally sticks to a 4 year development cycle. in 2015 they went to an orange frame for all their bikes and then a year later switched to these bikes. I'm not saying the little info i have is what KTM is doing but it's what I'm thinking. 

14 hours ago, SonsRexspensive said:

They look good but not much difference than the 2017's other than the orange frame. I'm going to buy my boy a 250f this summer but I want to see what the 2018 Yamaha yz250fm looks like too. If Yamaha don't make any changes I might just get a 17 model cheaper.

And revised WP fork settings you are, Correct