Sac area suspension work?

Hi everyone! Blew a fork seal this weekend on my 300 and figured now is as good a time as ever to get my suspension set up properly.

Anyone have a suggestion on a good person to go to? I'm not super fast but consider myself a descent rider, stick to mostly trails like foresthill and GT.

Also any experience on how much $$ it will cost to do both front and rear?

Thanks in advance for the input!

11 minutes ago, superslyko said:

Do it yourself! It's very easy!

Agreed if "setup" is just getting the correct springs for your body weight. That's what Eric at NorCal KTM did for my 450. He just looked up my weight in the catalog and ordered springs. 

On my 250 I got take off springs on Ebay for my weight and sold the OE springs for the same... near Zero $$. 

I sent my 690 off for a complete custom revalve = $1,200 comes with all new seals/oil. A buddy paid about the same on his 500. Some bikes/years suck and need more than just correct springs if you got the $$.

Just had my 450 rear shock serviced that was $175.

Dicks Racing is a option over at MPC KTM in Roseville. 

Edited by DrKayak

2 minutes ago, DrKayak said:

Agreed if "setup" is just getting the correct springs for your body weight. That's what Eric at NorCal KTM did for my 450. He just looked up my weight in the catalog and ordered springs. 

I sent my 690 off for a complete custom revalve = $1,200 comes with all new seals/oil. A buddy paid about the same on his 500. Some bikes/years suck and need more than just correct springs if you got the $$.

Just had my 450 rear shock services that was $175.

Dicks Racing is a option over at MPC KTM in Roseville. 

dicks moved to Idaho I heard, he is a prepper now. he did good work for me

Edited by bigbob

Do it yourself! It's very easy!

That was my initial thought and I probably will if it is anywhere near a thousand bucks lol. The bike handles ok right now but definitely needs a bit of tweaking.
I have heard people brag about how much they love their suspension after getting it set up but have also heard people that hate it.

I'm riding a 2000 mxc300 btw

6 minutes ago, liv2ride626 said:

That was my initial thought and I probably will if it is anywhere near a thousand bucks lol. The bike handles ok right now but definitely needs a bit of tweaking.
I have heard people brag about how much they love their suspension after getting it set up but have also heard people that hate it.

I'm riding a 2000 mxc300 btw

Front and rear will cost you $1K at least. Trust me, I know. 707 Racing Suspension in the Petaluma area. But if your not racing, I would just have the springs changed to your weight. Do it yourself or take it to MPC in Roseville. 

Dave @ Smart Performance suspension!! He has done all 3 of my bikes and I can not begin to describe how amazing they ride now! The man is truly a suspension god!!

Full Del taco kit will run you about 800-900 bucks but it's well worth it. Dave will take the time to calculate weight including tool bags gas tanks etc and then dials it in depending on the type and speed of your ridding.

The suspension literally feels like you are on clouds and has enabled me to easily ride a gear faster and further on everything I do.

Look up "Del Taco" on TT ... he is based out of mountain view area

When I picked up my 1st KTM the front suspension was all messed up.  When I came off a jump it landed like a bag of bricks.  Took it to Dicks & he set me up good.  After the work I asked him what was wrong............. "The previous tuner put everything in backwards"

I'll agree suspension is key.  Once it's set up properly you can float over the rough stuff.  Springs, valves & seals are very easy, takes 1 hour from start to finish after you've done it once or twice. There are even YouTube videos to help. ? That's how I learned.  Spacer stacks do need the expertise to switch it up & get it right. ?

Can you help me get a good nights sleep? I'm having trouble.  ?

Edited by superslyko