Dr350

I need help guys. I have a 1991 Dr350 it's supposed to have a 440 big bore kit on it. It has a mikuni flat slide carb on it. I can't get it to kick start( well I have but it's very hard) it will bump start but it won't idle.

Just to clarify, you say it will bump start but won't kick start and then won't idle.  When you bump start it will it stay running if you are rolling with the bike but then it won't idle when you stop?  I would pull the plug and check it, make sure it isn't fouled.  Check the carb and make sure you are getting fuel and the jets aren't plugged if it has been sitting. 

The hard kick start could be just because of the larger piston and compression but could also be excess liquid in the cylinder while starting (this is rare but possible).  If the decompression lever is working then the fluid would exit into the exhaust but would still make it harder to start.  You would probably end up with it dripping out of the exhaust when is starts but that would make is difficult to stay running.

And if by chance your bike will stay running while rolling then you may just have to adjust your clutch to disengage all the way when it is stationary. 

Just my thoughts

Need more details please. Other than not staying running at idle how does it run when you bump start it? If it runs well it may be as simple as the idle is adjusted too low. What do you mean when you say it's hard to kick start? Is it physically hard to kick over, or does it kick over okay but hard to get it to start?

So there are several things you need to check. Spark plug condition? If not sure replace it, they are cheap. Air filter clean? If not clean it. Carb clean? Lots of posts about how to clean flat slide carb bowl and jets. Carb jetted correctly? Jesse at Kientech engineering can help you with info about that. Fuel flowing freely? Disconnect fuel line from carb and run it into something to make sure the petcock screen isn't clogged. While you're at it if it has the stock petcock leave it set to PRI while trying to start the bike. Last but quite possibly the problem-check the valve clearances. Also plenty of info on TT about how to do that. If they have gotten tight it can be hard to start.

Good luck!