xl600r dirt tires

hey gang!

so i have a supermoto setup for my 87 xl600r thats street legal. i recently bought myself a pickup truck so i can haul the xl to ohv areas and rip around some dirt. i have a set of dirt wheels that have real old and crusty tires on them. i'm looking for a set of dirt tires and they don't need to be dot approved since they'll only be used offroad.

now the xl600r uses a 90/90-21 in the front and a 130/~80- 17 in the rear. so far i've found that the mx52s in the front and the irc ve33's in the rear seem to be a pretty alright combination. any of you guys have any opinions? honestly i don't know what kind of offroading i'll be doing. i live in los angeles so i'd imagine i'd be at gorman and bakersfield more often than anything else. 

aaaalso my dirt wheels don't have rim locks, should i get a set of those as well?

Edited by patrickarter
  • Like 1

hey gang!

so i have a supermoto setup for my 87 xl600r thats street legal. i recently bought myself a pickup truck so i can haul the xl to ohv areas and rip around some dirt. i have a set of dirt wheels that have real old and crusty tires on them. i'm looking for a set of dirt tires and they don't need to be dot approved since they'll only be used offroad.

now the xl600r uses a 90/90-21 in the front and a 130/~80- 17 in the rear. so far i've found that the mx52s in the front and the irc ve33's in the rear seem to be a pretty alright combination. any of you guys have any opinions? honestly i don't know what kind of offroading i'll be doing. i live in los angeles so i'd imagine i'd be at gorman and bakersfield more often than anything else. 

aaaalso my dirt wheels don't have rim locks, should i get a set of those as well?

The ve33 is a great choice for the rear, I don't have much of a favorite for fronts.

Yes, get rim locks or you will shred tubes at the lower pressures you need to run off road.

follow up!

i ended up using an mx52 in the front and an irc vulcanenduro ve33 in the back. looooooove how aggressive the irc is. its amazing how well it hooks up on stuff i wouldn't think was possible!

• Like 2

follow up!

i ended up using an mx52 in the front and an irc vulcanenduro ve33 in the back. looooooove how aggressive the irc is. its amazing how well it hooks up on stuff i wouldn't think was possible!

Hell Yeah! The VE33 is a machine!
  • Like 1