What is currently open in WA?

I often go to Tahuya, Walker Valley, but I'd like to try something else. 

What else is open currently? Is Evans Creek open, I've never been there. It looks like reiter foothills is open too.

Any suggestions? I ride with kids, we often do ATV trails, but sometimes do single trails.

I often go to Tahuya, Walker Valley, but I'd like to try something else. 
What else is open currently? Is Evans Creek open, I've never been there. It looks like reiter foothills is open too.
Any suggestions? I ride with kids, we often do ATV trails, but sometimes do single trails.

I went to Evans Creek yesterday. A little bit of snow campus on the very highest trails. Tons of Puddles and rocks. If you like really technical Rocky and muddy terrain then you'll love it. Before yesterday I hadn't Road and seven years and couldn't have been more excited to get on the trail. Although I had fun riding with my brother and cruising up some of the gravel Forest roads. I probably will never bother going to Evans Creek again other than to maybe see Mount Rainier on a very nice day. Just my personal opinion. Maybe it's way better during the summer :/

6 hours ago, Eppidemic said:

I went to Evans Creek yesterday. A little bit of snow campus on the very highest trails. Tons of Puddles and rocks. If you like really technical Rocky and muddy terrain then you'll love it. 

I really like technical Rocky, however my son doesn't :-( But I can't blame him, with a small bike and low clearance that's hard. He actually cracked his crankcase on a rock the other day (At Millican plateau, OR). So if it's rocky, I'll probably have to pass on Evans Creek.

I think I need to try Reiter, although people don't seem very excited about it. I'm also curious about Mattawa, never been there, is this very rocky, or just sand?

Thanks,

David.

12 minutes ago, boombaxr said:

I really like technical Rocky, however my son doesn't :-( But I can't blame him, with a small bike and low clearance that's hard. He actually cracked his crankcase on a rock the other day (At Millican plateau, OR). So if it's rocky, I'll probably have to pass on Evans Creek.

I think I need to try Reiter, although people don't seem very excited about it. I'm also curious about Mattawa, never been there, is this very rocky, or just sand?

Thanks,

David.

Mattawa is both sandy AND rocky.

Joe

41 minutes ago, boombaxr said:

Thanks,

David.

There's lots of youtube of Mattawa you can get a pretty good idea of it. You can keep it simple and ride roads and easy cross-country stuff, or you can do more technical rocky draws and some of the steeper hills that are rocky/sandy track or in some cases just sandy.  Just watch out for the cows and grasshoppers. 

15 hours ago, Chuck. said:

CF opened on 5/1. Naches RD some time after Memorial Day , to be announced. Naches Pass opens July 15.  Most higher altitude and  mountain areas will open after wind fall clearing and sufficient snow melt, varies every year, probably late this year because of the snow pack.

Yeah, skied Alpental last weekend. Crap ton of snow.  Website says 188" at the top, that is 5600 elevation on the Cascade Crest. So theoretically there is a spot with a marked pole going down 188" to the ground, so just to do the math for everyone that is over 15' deep. 79" at the base at 3140' elevation. What that all means is late openings for high alpine trails. Even if it heats up, rains etc. and melts fast there will still be deep patches of snow in places well into July. Which is a bummer because I really want to hit more high alpine this summer and there is going to be a later start. End of last year we hit snow in October and couldn't summit Jolly Mt.

16 hours ago, daytripper72 said:

Where are you staging?

Old Vantage Hwy at the old Pumphouse Road about 1/4 mile in from pavement.  This is down the hill from the "Corrals" if you know the area.  TONY

Old Vantage Hwy at the old Pumphouse Road about 1/4 mile in from pavement.  This is down the hill from the "Corrals" if you know the area.  TONY

Damn I have to work ot Saturday:( have a good ride, looks like perfect weather too!