Does anyone have any XR400R AC to DC conversion tutorials?

Hi all. I've been coming through these forums looking for a straight-forward and concise answer as to how to wire an XR400R such that it puts out DC power. My plan is to swap out my tail light and head light bulbs with LEDS and maybe even wire in a battery so that I can have blinkers and a stop light and a horn. I don't want to go through the kits just yet and I don't want to go through the trouble messing with the stator. Does anyone have any step by step instructions as to how to do this?

I just did this - 

Essentially you replace the AC regulator to a REG/REC and then either put in a battery or a capacitor. Pretty easy to do. 

• Like 2

It's actually super easy... get this rectifier: http://amzn.to/2pF8e2Z

Two AC leads from your regulator (that are powering lights) go to the input of the rectifier and you will have +/- DC on the outputs which you will wire to your lights.... you could even get a couple rectifiers and just add them inline to the wiring for your lights.

Hit me up with any questions you have... if you have gmail, I could walk you through the process on chat... my email is my last name at gmail.com

My initial comment got moderated because I think I had a link to an amazon product in there.... I have edited it to hopefully post immediately......

It's actually super easy... get a 10 amp bridge rectifiers from Amazon and use it as follows:

Two AC leads from your regulator (that are powering lights) get cut and wired to the input of the rectifier. Now you will have +/- DC on the outputs which you will wire to your lights.... you could even get a couple rectifiers and just add them inline to the wiring for your lights.

[regulator]=====[bridge rectifier]=======(lights)

Hit me up with any questions you have... if you have gmail, I could walk you through the process on chat... my email is my last name at gmail.com

• Like 2

I just did this - 
Essentially you replace the AC regulator to a REG/REC and then either put in a battery or a capacitor. Pretty easy to do. 

Glad to see you ThumperCurtis saying how easy it was
  • Like 2