Mystery part from 89xt600 Carb rebuild

Hey everybody. I'm fairly new to this forum as well as dual sport bikes like my xt600. It was my brothers who passed away and after a few years of sitting I have decided to revive it. I deciding to do any of the work I felt I could handle myself so I began learning about carburetors and am just finishing up my first cleaning/rebuild. All I thought I had left was to set the float height and then test out the fuel flow and hopefully kick it over. Well I have a mystery part and I have no idea where it came from. I documented most of the process as well as took step by step photos but thus piece seemed to have came out of no where. Only thing I could think is possibly the jet needle assembly. For some reason I think it was with a spring somewhere. If anyone has any idea or even just a possibility I would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks everyone. 20170503_012254_Burst01.thumb.jpg.6680b8d3bf39b50837037a92b7728f65.jpg

20170503_012413.jpg

It almost looks like what I need for the guide that goes into the notch on the slide for the main carb.  Can't find it on any parts diagrams.  Not sure if yours is the same as my XT350.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank_in_CO said:

It almost looks like what I need for the guide that goes into the notch on the slide for the main carb.  Can't find it on any parts diagrams.  Not sure if yours is the same as my XT350.

Thank you for helping me attempt to solve this mystery. I just took a few more photos to give you a little better idea of what the part looks like. I'm a better photographer than I am a mechanic which explains the bad photos and the reason I am in this predicament in the first place. Might have bit off a little more than I can chew attempting to overhaul this bike on my own, but it's a bit too late to turn back now. The little spring in those pics seems to fit perfectly on top of that part. I seem to think it came out of the coasting enricher assembly or the main needle set. I've looked at any parts diagram I can find as well as multiple parts distributors sites and still no luck. Let me know if these pics are any better. Thanks again for your help. 

IMG_0738.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0742.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

The mystery has been solved. Stumbled upon this pic from a parts distributor in Europe. Now to figure out how it goes back together. 

mysterypart.jpg

I posted that might be where it goes in the other thread a few days ago . I happen'd to think the pivot ball had a spring under it and may have had a part like that . I put anti seize on mine when I had them apart but it's been a few years since I messed with any of them.

Edited by jjktmrider

I must have missed your post. Thank you for the help. It was driving me nuts not knowing where that came from and I couldn't find any reference of it anywhere. In regards to curing the paint on the header, since I can't quite yet cure it from running the motor I'll have to use the oven in the house. Just curious in your experience how that turns out. I'm more worried about screwing up something in the kitchen or stinking up the house for a week than anything else. Just trying to avoid an ass chewing from my old lady.