Kawasaki Frankenbike. What can y'all tell me about this bike?

So I recently purchased a used kawasaki 250 dirt bike. I'm more of an atv guy and know little about dirt bikes. Anyways, I've learned from other users on the forums that this is most definitely a frakenbike. Vin is Jkadxnhc84da03197. Any information or thoughts about this bike is welcome! Thanks everyone! IMG_1867.JPGIMG_1868.JPGIMG_1869.JPG

Not sure it's a franken bike, frame is a 2004 looks like a kdx200, maybe a 220

• Like 1

Not sure it's a franken bike, frame is a 2004 looks like a kdx200, maybe a 220

I agree, it does look like a 200 or 220 after looking at some pictures. Do you know if there is a way to find out for sure?

Nothing franken about it. It's a KDX. Check the cylinder to see if it's a 200 or 220. I just bought one for $500.

Looks like a stock KDX.  You can tell 200 or 220 by the four digit casting number in the side of the cylinder if it doesn't say somewhere on the jug.  I think the 200 was 1742 and the 220 was 1744.

• Like 1

Nothing franken about it. It's a KDX. Check the cylinder to see if it's a 200 or 220. I just bought one for $500.

$500, nice! I paid $1,000 for this one lol

The only "franken" I see is the rear fender.  I assumed you said you bought a KX 250, which was when I chimed in, upon re-reading you said you bought a "250", which clearly it isn't.  The stock rear fender had a tail light on it.  Sorry for the mis-info, KDX's are good bikes, not very track friendly, but great in the woods.

The only "franken" I see is the rear fender.  I assumed you said you bought a KX 250, which was when I chimed in, upon re-reading you said you bought a "250", which clearly it isn't.  The stock rear fender had a tail light on it.  Sorry for the mis-info, KDX's are good bikes, not very track friendly, but great in the woods.

No worries man, I'm glad I know what I have now! Appreciate the help.
  • Like 1