How do taller riders told hold on with legs??

I'm 6'2" tall and ride a 2008 YZ250 off road. When i'm standing up and using alot of throttle I can't seem to use my legs to hold on. My arms are doing all the work and my knees are well over the top of the seat. I usually have to sit down when really twisting the throttle. any tips??

Lean forward to match/balance the acceleration.  You shouldn't be supporting yourself with your arms.

• Like 1

Being 6'3" I think some bike mods are required to help be able to accomplish this. I too was all arms for a while because of height and it would tire me way sooner then I should have been. I have added the RC hi bars with a the BRP rubber isolated bar submount, Seat Concepts tall seat, and just installed the Fastway EVO Air pegs that lower the pegs and allow you tapper them in towards the bike. 

These upgrades has made a world of deference for me. 

• Like 1

ride on the balls of your feet, grip with your ankles and calves.

Really gripping with your legs isn't as important as body position that anticipates the acceleration. Staying low by bending at your knees and hips makes it a lot easier. If you stay infront of the bike and get push through the pegs, you don't really have to get pulled through your arms at all. I'm 6'4" on bike thats stock except for low bars with minimum sweep. It keeps me down and forward, wide open is no problem.

Edited by temporarily_locked

try pointing your toes in towards the cases kind of forces your legs to grip the bike and as said above bend those knees its another set of shocks.