I just bought a brand new WR250R!

After a year of thinking about it, I finally decided to get my second ever dirt bike...I decided to go with the dual sport since I find myself really enjoying whipping around the streets on my dirt bike (even though it's illegal) riding from one woods spot to the next. I figured that since I'm primarily a trail rider, and I don't have a truck or trailer (hence the reason I ride my dirt bike on the streets), that a dual sport would be the way to go for me.

I was expecting to experience the same thing that I felt when I first got on my TTR230 for the first time when it was brand new. I was expecting the gearing to suck and for it to be insanely slow. However, I was very surprised to find that it was way faster then I had expected. In fact, in comparison to my TTR uncorked, regeared, and broken in, the WR is WAY better in all areas right out of the box.

When I first bought the TTR, I pretty much had no choice but to uncork and regear it because it was WAYYY slow. I thought that I'd be feeling the same way with this WR. I was wrong.

I am going to eventually put a new exhaust and fuel programmer on it and regear it. However, I'm not in any major rush to do that. For now, the only mod that I really wanna do asap is to get better looking mirrors and put some handguards on it, but other then that I am VERY happy with this bike right out of the box.

I sold my Harley in order to get this bike, and let me say that I am 100x more happy with this bike then my super heavy Harley that took up way too much space. 

I am in love!

Edited by Irishman301
  • Like 1

Love my 2008 so much that I just picked up a lightly used 2015 with motard mods.

X3aavVh.jpg

Old one will be refit with MX knobbies and other strictly off-road mods.

Good luck with yours.

• Like 1

Save your money on the exhaust and put it into gearing, 13/48 or lower and suspension mods.