Plasti Dip wheels ?

I plan on using Plasti Dip for my wheels on my 450 as I am cheap right now and don't have the money for powder coat or new rims. I plan on doing the hubs also and I am wondering if anyone has done the hubs or did the hubs and found it to be a bad idea.

Thanks

I wonder how warm the hubs get ? I which makes me wonder how does plastidip handle heat ?

I am not worried about the heat as a car or truck wheel would displace a lot more heat than a dirt bike wheel I would think. I'm just thinking for removal purposes of it's a complete pain to get off of the hubs look like crap. I've never used it and figure it's cheap to get by for a little bit.

Plasti dip handles heat fine. I have used it on silencers before. You wont have any problems with your hubs.

I have used it on tailpipes. I think I read somewhere that it will withstand heat up to 312 degrees Fahrenheit. I have also used it in my wheels on my car.
Spray a thin first coat. It will not spray like normal paint it will spray more like a splatter but it will even out with a few costs.

• Like 1

Probably won't last after a tire change on the rims, but at least it's easy to touch up.

unless you're a god and can change a tire without it touching the rim!

• Like 2

I plan on using Plasti Dip for my wheels on my 450 as I am cheap right now and don't have the money for powder coat or new rims. I plan on doing the hubs also and I am wondering if anyone has done the hubs or did the hubs and found it to be a bad idea.
Thanks

i have no idea how plasti dip will work,

but i greatly appreciate your service, you are a modern day hero in my book.

If your considering it just do it. Jist make sure to clean the surface very well. Amd use at least 4 coates. I cant stress that enough. Any less and it is a pain to remove. And wont hold up. Heres my bike with the 20170424_204914.jpgwheels done

• Like 2

I ordered a set of s3 rim protectors have you seen them? They are a protective strip that go on your rim only leaving a center line uncovered where your spokes areIMG_0384.JPG

• Like 2

i have no idea how plasti dip will work,

but i greatly appreciate your service, you are a modern day hero in my book.

Thanks but I'm not a hero. Those who didn't come home are the real heros.
  • Like 1

It would be preference. It wont hurt anything to paint them. It is a pain to tape each nipple. But i like the contrast it gives. I also did black spoke wraps.

It would be preference. It wont hurt anything to paint them. It is a pain to tape each nipple. But i like the contrast it gives. I also did black spoke wraps.

Ok I planned on painting over the nipples and I'm going to use green spoke covers also.

Nice. That should look good. I think i am going to break down over the summer and order a set of tusk impact wheels. Blue hub, black spokes, silver nipples, black rim.

That will look good on your bike. I plan on eventually getting a set of tusk rims black for like $200 and having the hub anodized green. But it's gonna cost me $150 to have the wheels laced up or attempt the lace them myself over winter.