2012 husqvarna tc 250 hydrolocked

im looking at a bike on craigslist that is hydrolocked and i don't know if its worth it to buy. its a 2012 TC 250 it has been hydrolocked after only 8 hours on a rebuild. not rode much looks to be in good condition. 

Need some help PLZ!

I would assume that hydrolocked means a bent connecting rod, damaged crank perhaps broken timing chain and bent/broken valves.  So, unless you are looking to spend $2500 plus on all the motor replacement parts.....RUN!

this is a pre-KTM husqvarna (e.g. spare parts will start getting scarce)  In great running shape, this Husky mx bike is probably not worth more than $2500.  now that I have seen the ad....i would say a hard pass on that one.  250 mx bikes are frequently wrung out and in need of a rebuild. 

This person will be lucky to even sell that bike.  best way for them to get any value from it is to part out whatever working parts are there.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2017 at 5:22 PM, ohgood said:

$500, slap a 2t engine in it, own the woods

sorry pal not a 2t fan

30 minutes ago, MjR230 said:

sorry pal not a 2t fan

the point was, that one is toast

• Like 1

$250 max then part it out. Even then there's soft demand for the Italian Husqvarna because many have dumped them since KTM hasn't come forward with an emboldened approach to keeping the parts stream rolling. SWM is supposed to pick up this model line and keep it going but......

Edited by shrubitup