I really want to get into dirt bike racing. Any advice? I'm 15 years old and a girl. Is it mostly guys? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It is mostly guys but there are plenty of ladies.  Don't let that stop you.  Best thing to do is find the other riders in your area and get to know them.  They will guide you.

• Like 2

I really want to get into dirt bike racing. Any advice? I'm 15 years old and a girl. Is it mostly guys? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Have you ever ridden a dirt bike before?

2 minutes ago, Numsa Hul said:

Have you ever ridden a dirt bike before?

Yes, but my cousin was driving it. I also rode with my uncle on a motorcycle once.

Yes, but my cousin was driving it. I also rode with my uncle on a motorcycle once.

What's your height?

1 minute ago, Numsa Hul said:

What's your height?

5'8.5"

5'8.5"

I would recommend a 125 2 stroke, they are easy to fix you can do all the wrenching your self

• Like 2

Just now, Numsa Hul said:

I would recommend a 125 2 stroke

Okay. I know it's a type, but could you explain what that means? Like the numbers and stroke stuff?

You must've eraced your other thread and that's probably good.  If you didn't see my reply on there this is a very good freind of mine I've helped her for years.  She started on a rm100 and now races mx only women's and +30B with guys.She's won the women's class few times and did well in nocive with men. Out now with knee injury but she'll be back. She works very very hard and does it on here own. This is her practice bike she just got new one. Start small work your way up, be friend other riders and work hard it takes money to race unfortunately . And you could have bike like this someday :rolleyes:.  If you were close I'd hook you up with her but unfortunately you're not. 

PART95149177714912995KIMG0650.jpg

• Like 1

My daughter is 15 and rides a ttr125 fourstroke.  Great stepping stone 

• Like 2

Okay. I know it's a type, but could you explain what that means? Like the numbers and stroke stuff?

125cc is the engine displacement and the stroke 2 or 4 is how many times the Piston goes up and down before it fires (at least that's my unde understanding​) so basically 2 strokes are way simpler

• Like 1

Much more of an intelligent way to start a topic than your last topic.

Go to the shops around your area and get to know some of the folks there.

Show interest and be genuine and most people will bend over backwards to help new riders.

We were all new at one point or another and for some, it's a passion we can't live with out.

I'd suggest a small bore four stroke like a ttr-125. You will need to learn how to operate a clutch on that model.

If that seems daunting, go with a bike like a klx-110 that doesn't have a clutch.

Stay very far away from a racing two stroke like a 125 or even an 85 till you have mastered the basic techniques.

May only take you a few months to learn but it's much more forgiving on the small bore four stokes.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Hallie said:

5'8.5"

Is this a new generation thing? You are the second kid on here recently who gave his height to the nearest 1/2".

5'8" or 5'9" is fine. No need to whip out the decimal points when telling someone how tall you are.  At least in my generation.

• Like 3

What's your weight?  If you are a rail I think a 125 might be a little much, and maybe a 85cc two stroke would be better.  Or if you're going 4 stroke I'd go with a KLX140 or maybe a CRF150R if you want something with a little more zing

1 hour ago, Hallie said:

I hope you are real, but there are some trolls on here that will start a new account and pretending to be a young naive girl.  If you posted a pic of yourself with this thread on your computer screen in the background that would eliminate any doubt.

• Like 1

I hope you are real, but there are some trolls on here that will start a new account and pretending to be a young naive girl.  If you posted a pic of yourself with this thread on your computer screen in the background that would eliminate any doubt.

And with a piece of tape on your left eye that has the word "I am real".
  • Like 1

Just now, Numsa Hul said:

Or with a piece of tape on your left eye that has the word "I am real".

I fixed it for you.

• Like 1

This reminds my of when ML asked how long her bike was and it got like 3000 pages in the thread..LOL

• Like 2

My oldest son started on a TTR125 and it is a great bike to learn the basics on. They are inexpensive and they make all kinds of hop up parts for them.

• Like 2