New Guy In Santa Barbara Needs Riding Buddies

What's up everyone I'm new to the forums, just moved to the Santa Barbara area from Florida. I used to race Florida Trail Riders hare scramble's and I'm looking for a group/club to tear it up with! Im a fairly intermediate rider, 21 years old and I've been riding since I was 6. I'm on a KTM 200 and into tight trails, scraping bark off the trees, hills, off camber etc. Really looking forward to exploring the new terrain. If anyone can point me in the direction of any trails around me or other forums/websites I would appreciate it! Thanks guys

Santa Barbara is deep in enviro-greeenie town. You're a bit geograpghically challenged there.  Long ways to MX tracks, trails or hare scramble opportunites.     Lots of SoCAl desert stuff to dine on too.    I think ballinger OHV area between ventura and bakersfield is probably your closest ride place.  

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/california_05699/ride_9a50.htm

Keep an eye out, read the ride threads,  use TT to your advantages 

4dchesss.jpg

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 1

That was deep!  I couldn't have said it better.

Santa Barbara is beautiful.  Isla Vista holds some very fond memories.  Halloween was Wild

4 minutes ago, superslyko said:

Santa Barbara is beautiful.  Isla Vista holds some very fond memories.  Halloween was Wild

Oh yeah, 21 years old and on the coast of SoCal.  Babes and Kegs! 

Perfect say no more! Haha I'm actually not there yet so I have no clue what to expect from being in Florida my whole life. But when June 1st comes around its game time! Thanks for the reply guys!

5 hours ago, bigbob said:

Santa Barbara is deep in enviro-greeenie town. You're a bit geograpghically challenged there.  Long ways to MX tracks, trails or hare scramble opportunites.     Lots of SoCAl desert stuff to dine on too.    I think ballinger OHV area between ventura and bakersfield is probably your closest ride place.  

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/california_05699/ride_9a50.htm

Keep an eye out, read the ride threads,  use TT to your advantages 

4dchesss.jpg

You obviously don't ride MX tracks, cause there is no way you would say that knowing Zaca Station MX is 45 minutes from SB !  One of the best in Cal !!!!

Edited by Hallzilla
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, superslyko said:

That was deep!  I couldn't have said it better.

First STD experience ehh!?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lalondo said:

What's up everyone I'm new to the forums, just moved to the Santa Barbara area from Florida. I used to race Florida Trail Riders hare scramble's and I'm looking for a group/club to tear it up with! Im a fairly intermediate rider, 21 years old and I've been riding since I was 6. I'm on a KTM 200 and into tight trails, scraping bark off the trees, hills, off camber etc. Really looking forward to exploring the new terrain. If anyone can point me in the direction of any trails around me or other forums/websites I would appreciate it! Thanks guys

Hey Lalondo, do you have an instagram? I can point you in the right direction with a few guys up in that area, but they aren't on here.

• Like 1

Hey Lalondo, do you have an instagram? I can point you in the right direction with a few guys up in that area, but they aren't on here.

My instagram is joeylalondey. Thanks bro!
  • Like 1

I went to college in SB. At the time, we mainly rode Zaca (track) and Divide Peak, with a few trips to Ballinger, and Ortega Trail in Ojai. Divide Peak is mostly rocky fire road with some double track and a minor amount of single track thrown in-- but the views are incredible. Ballinger has the bests trails overall, especially if you adventure off the main trails, but I heard many of the trails have been washed out due to rain.  Ortega trail is a rocky out and back single track just outside of Ojai. That is the toughest trail in the area. There is also Pozo up by San Louis Obispo.

There is also the riding in the Los Padres National forest outside of Gorman, but that it is a bit of a drive. I've never done it, but heard it is good.

Edited by NAYR
spelling
  • Like 2

There's plenty of riding around SB are you kidding me?? Divide, Ballinger, Ortega trail, Zaca MX, Piru isn't THAT far either. Everyone's idea of "far" is different though. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bleedblue8971 said:

There's plenty of riding around SB are you kidding me?? Divide, Ballinger, Ortega trail, Zaca MX, Piru isn't THAT far either. Everyone's idea of "far" is different though. 

Piru is gone....

I just moved here to Orange from FL and used to race FTR too... my first impressions were: there a lot more sandbaggers here, and the ground is harder.  And there are 10x as many places to ride.  What class did you run?

Ventura County Motorcycle Club may be worth looking into, but may be an older crowd... who knows their way around.

Or hang around here long enough and you'll find something between the smart ass responses.

Ohh to be 21 in Santa Barbara... 

I spent many nights there for work in my 30s', but was/am married.  :naughty:  It was sure fun to look though.

I just moved here to Orange from FL and used to race FTR too... my first impressions were: there a lot more sandbaggers here, and the ground is harder.  And there are 10x as many places to ride.  What class did you run?

Just got out here today I plan on going for a ride this weekend! I ran mini B for years and then did a few B 200 races before work got ahold of me. You may know my old man Robert Lalonde? He ran vet B and Senior A.

Right on, we probably raced together at some point - I ran the B250 class for a long time.  Never met your dad.  Holler if you ever want to attempt the Ortega trail out by you... I've been wanting an excuse to try it ever since I heard about it.

Right on, we probably raced together at some point - I ran the B250 class for a long time.  Never met your dad.  Holler if you ever want to attempt the Ortega trail out by you... I've been wanting an excuse to try it ever since I heard about it.

For sure! I would like to check that out soon. Do you need to register your bike to get into the ohv trails around here?