2014 CRF250r Engine Mods

Hey everyone,

I'm actually new to the forum and just created my page, so hello to you all! Anyways, I have a 2014 Honda Crf250r that I purchased in December of '16 with only 34.5 hours on it. I have since ridden that bike everyday that my work schedule allows, and she now has 100 hours on her. I have noticed the bike has become a bit harder to start, taking 10-20 kicks compared to the 1 or 2 that it would originally take to start it. Once the bike hit 100 hours, I decided it was time to tear it down to the frame and open up the heart of the beast. Upon removing my stock air boot, I noticed some dirt in my throttle body. After removing my throttle body, I also noticed some dirt where the throttle body connects to the engine... Probably why my bike is getting hard to start... Now I have not opened up my engine yet, and this is where you guys come in to help, but what exactly should I replace internal wise in my engine at 100hrs? I consider myself a C or B class rider, and I stay in the upper rpm range of my bike frequently. I would like to gain a little bit more power out of my bike, specifically in the top end/over-rev area since my bike has enough bottom end already to pop wheelies in 4th if I really try. I was thinking a high compression piston, cam, and idk what else. I don't want to lose bottom end power though, and I would like these internals to be reliable too. What part recommendations do you guys have, and what are some good brands? Hotcams/Procircuit/Carillo/Wiseco/etcimage1.thumb.JPG.e0daa04597696086ec5ddee085e0f62c.JPGimage2.thumb.JPG.505c2ba99ffefdd0a563c7259812df5f.JPGIMG_3703.JPG.c61d16865594ddbd2cf1ccfae631e385.JPG

image1.JPG

High Compression piston, race fuel, good camshaft and porting along with mapping should get you what your looking for and more! I would be doing a full rebuild on that motor with that many hours. New/rebuilt crankshaft (would be a good idea to have yours rebuilt with a carillo rod if your planning on adding some serious power to this motor. All new bearings and seals and you'll be good to go. 

+ 1 on the corillo rod..ive seen and had a few oem's snap when theres a bit of extra power added.

Hey thanks for the replies guys, I would've gotten back sooner but I have been busy working the past two days. I do want a high compression piston, just not sure how high of compression and which brand to go with. I have heard head porting is great for these bikes so I will probably look into that! Is there a cheap way to get that done? As far as race fuel goes, I can't afford it right now, so I would like to still be able to run on 93 octane until I get an ecu with race fuel maps. I was researching crankshafts, and from what I have read, the stock crankshafts hold up very well and are very reliable. I think I'm going to put a '17 crank in mine.

I am planning on keeping this bike for a long time and making it a project bike, even after I eventually get a 450. However, for right now I need to keep this rebuild fairly cheap if I can, preferably under $1k