99 Decibles on KTM 450

Hey guys,

Was recently racing and at the sound test my bike was at 99 decibles which the ranger said was pretty high.  He still let me ride thank god but my bike is pretty much completely stock how can my bike be too loud?

2008 KTM XC-F.  Is there anything I can do on the fly to make my bike not as loud?  My worry is I travel long distance to these events and if my bike is too loud they may not let me ride which would really bum me out and cost me a lot of time and money for nothing.

Buy a FMF slip on. I think it's 96 decibels and has spark arrestor. I had one but I thought it was too quiet. now I'm running a full Yoshimura system but it's loud

I ended up grabbing a FMF slip on exhaust. It made my bike more quite but does that increase horsepower or reduce horsepower?

Because I'd read up on different stories about it but I felt like my bike was missing some low end power especially in lower 1st and second gear.  

I can't see how a slip on would reduce horsepower. It may be more of a feeling due to less noise than a loss of power. Like I said I felt is was too quiet but if you have to make a noise level requirement there's not much choice.

• Like 1

Yeah maybe it was just in my head as I was riding. But the FMF exhaust is definitely waaaaay quieter than my stock exhaust even after I repacked it. 

Yep, had a buddy riding a exc with the full FMF powerbomb system and it was super quiet compared to my Yoshimura system. I got plenty of compliments on the sound of the Yoshi system even from my 2t buddies

Nice bro! I might go back to my stock exhaust at this point the only real reason I got the FMF is for the sound test. Personally I like it the louder the better!

A lot of pipes loose power on the sxf