Cambridge MN Sprint Enduro May 6&7 , format update.

Cambridge Sprint Enduro

How this works, first of all, all riders have to be signed up before sign up closes, 8:55 a.m. for the C Class and 11:55 a.m. for the A and B Classes. The reason for this is we have to get the sign up database to all 6 scoring computers out on the race course before racing can begin, at this point riders cannot be added.

 All riders will have to keep track of sections and laps that are required to complete the race; please do not ask the scoring people how many times you have ran a section, that’s not what they are there to do.

 Start and finish of each section will be near each other. You may choose to ride any of the 3 loops to start. You may ride the section you choose until your laps are complete. Example, if you need to ride loop 3, 5 times, then you just get back in line and keep riding until your laps are complete. DO NOT RIDE A SECTION MORE TIMES THAN REQUIRED! If you ride a loop more times than required, your fastest time will be thrown out. MotoTally will not count additional laps, it's a waste of time for us and for you, please don't do it. There are no re-dos, if you get a bad lap.

 If you do not complete all laps that are required, you will DNF the whole race. All riders have to be scored the same to work, since one person may DNF Loop 2 of Section 1 and another rider DNF's Loop 2 of Section 2, the only way to score this is an overall DNF.

 There is reset time, used as the rider wishes. You will have a short transfer section to go from parking to Section 1, you could use it to get fuel for your bike or take a breather. No matter how you use it you still have to complete the race in the time allotted. If you are not in line when the check closes you will have a DNF on your score.

Mileage

 Peewee, Premier and Girls Classes 12 miles

 C Class 20.3 miles

 B Class 26.3 miles

 A Class 34.8 miles

 Micro and Macro Classes is TBD, it will be short all ran within the TT course

Time

 Micro and Macro Classes will be given 30 minutes plus what it takes to finish

 Peewee, Premier and Girls Classes should be able to finish within an hour but checks won't close until all riders have a chance to finish

 C Class will be given 2 hours 20 minutes

 A and B Classes will be given 3 hours 20 minutes

Saturday

 Youth are running on Saturday, Micro and Macro Classes start at 2:00 p.m.

 Pewee, Primer and Girls Classes start at 3:00 p.m.

Sunday

 C Class starts around 9:100 a.m.

 A and B Classes start around 12:10 p.m.

Some other points

 Micro and Macro Classes will all be within the TT course and parents will be able to see them the whole time

 New riders may find some of the terrain a challenge

 All riders will be transponder scored, if you do not have a transponder you will need to purchase one

 All riders will need numbers on their bikes. D23 Hare Scrambles numbers work just fine, if you do not have numbers you will need to purchase numbers

 All riders on Sunday must pass sound test, just like any other off road race in D23

 Loop 1 is all woods and tight Enduro trail, may take people longer to complete

 Loop 2 is open grass track with some woods, most likely to be your fastest loop

 Loop 3 is moto track, grass track, and little woods, the longest of the 3 loops but very fast

 At the start of each section, a flagger will start each rider individually 15-30 seconds apart, you are racing the clock

 Video is posted on the D23 Facebook page, search Jason Goth D23 and you should be able to get a glimpse of the course

 THINK! Don’t use up all your reset time only to run out at the end and get a DNF

 Let faster riders go by, it’s easier to follow a fast rider than ride in front of them

 Be kind to all the workers, we are all volunteers and are already overworked

Most importantly, Have Fun! You get to do something on the weekends that other people only dream of.

More info on Norsemenmc.org

Edited by ktm300
  • Like 1

On 5/3/2017 at 4:04 PM, ktm300 said:

 THINK! Don’t use up all your reset time only to run out at the end and get a DNF

what the heck does that mean?

thanks

You have an allotted time to finish you set of laps, would be the same if you missed a check at a normal enduro.  

ahhhhh, I kinda see... so the advice is "don't burn yourself out early", kind of a thing?  You don't choose when to do a reset or anything, right?

The woods ways are somewhat foreign to me...

4 hours ago, tranqwhl said:

ahhhhh, I kinda see... so the advice is "don't burn yourself out early", kind of a thing?  You don't choose when to do a reset or anything, right?

The woods ways are somewhat foreign to me...

What KTM300 was meaning was don't dilly dally too much between test sections or you will run out of time to complete all of the required laps in the time allowed.

Daughters struggled through the youth race today, but they are already talking about next year and the next race.

I guess I should have done some practice on a MX track because I really sucked on Section 1 that was mostly MX track.

The club did a good job and for the most part the lines were not too long. The woods trail on the island was sure fun.

• Like 1

I guess I should have done some practice on a MX track because I really sucked on Section 1 that was mostly MX track.
The club did a good job and for the most part the lines were not too long. The woods trail on the island was sure fun.

My daughters struggled on that part too. They both got lost, mostly because it was their first race. They both fell a lot. It was the hardest thing they have ever done. I was able to follow one of them but not both. The woods and grass section they really like and was more their skill level. My oldest used to give me a hard time because all you have to do is sit on a motorcycle.
They got the racing bug now.
  • Like 1

I had a blast.  Sprint Enduro suits my riding style perfectly and I got to bother my wife between every run. :)

Wasn't very pleased that my laps for Test 2 were mysteriously not counted.  Would have finished in 2nd place according to my elapsed time on video.  Not too shabby.  Didn't stick around long enough to protest or whatever. 

My biggest complaint was the mileage was a bit light for C, though my shoulders may still be saying otherwise today.  Gotta get back on those weights.  

I'll post some video later this week.  

photo c/o Paul Otto

DSC_0423.jpg

Edited by MNKeith
photo credit
  • Like 2

There is a easy way to get more riding time.... B class??  I bumped up to A this year lots of FAST old guy's in S.S. A class.

• Like 3

1 minute superclip.  It goes in order of 3/1/2 tests but I did them in 2/1/3.  Vid worked a little nicer that way.

4 hours ago, MNKeith said:

1 minute superclip.  It goes in order of 3/1/2 tests but I did them in 2/1/3.  Vid worked a little nicer that way.

Wow the course was a little different for the A/B classes! I passed some one at this log every lap.

On 5/3/2017 at 4:04 PM, ktm300 said:

Cambridge Sprint Enduro

How this works, first of all, all riders have to be signed up before sign up closes, 8:55 a.m. for the C Class and 11:55 a.m. for the A and B Classes. The reason for this is we have to get the sign up database to all 6 scoring computers out on the race course before racing can begin, at this point riders cannot be added.

 All riders will have to keep track of sections and laps that are required to complete the race; please do not ask the scoring people how many times you have ran a section, that’s not what they are there to do.

 Start and finish of each section will be near each other. You may choose to ride any of the 3 loops to start. You may ride the section you choose until your laps are complete. Example, if you need to ride loop 3, 5 times, then you just get back in line and keep riding until your laps are complete. DO NOT RIDE A SECTION MORE TIMES THAN REQUIRED! If you ride a loop more times than required, your fastest time will be thrown out. MotoTally will not count additional laps, it's a waste of time for us and for you, please don't do it. There are no re-dos, if you get a bad lap.

 If you do not complete all laps that are required, you will DNF the whole race. All riders have to be scored the same to work, since one person may DNF Loop 2 of Section 1 and another rider DNF's Loop 2 of Section 2, the only way to score this is an overall DNF.

 There is reset time, used as the rider wishes. You will have a short transfer section to go from parking to Section 1, you could use it to get fuel for your bike or take a breather. No matter how you use it you still have to complete the race in the time allotted. If you are not in line when the check closes you will have a DNF on your score.

Mileage

 Peewee, Premier and Girls Classes 12 miles

 C Class 20.3 miles

 B Class 26.3 miles

 A Class 34.8 miles

 Micro and Macro Classes is TBD, it will be short all ran within the TT course

Time

 Micro and Macro Classes will be given 30 minutes plus what it takes to finish

 Peewee, Premier and Girls Classes should be able to finish within an hour but checks won't close until all riders have a chance to finish

 C Class will be given 2 hours 20 minutes

 A and B Classes will be given 3 hours 20 minutes

Saturday

 Youth are running on Saturday, Micro and Macro Classes start at 2:00 p.m.

 Pewee, Primer and Girls Classes start at 3:00 p.m.

Sunday

 C Class starts around 9:100 a.m.

 A and B Classes start around 12:10 p.m.

Some other points

 Micro and Macro Classes will all be within the TT course and parents will be able to see them the whole time

 New riders may find some of the terrain a challenge

 All riders will be transponder scored, if you do not have a transponder you will need to purchase one

 All riders will need numbers on their bikes. D23 Hare Scrambles numbers work just fine, if you do not have numbers you will need to purchase numbers

 All riders on Sunday must pass sound test, just like any other off road race in D23

 Loop 1 is all woods and tight Enduro trail, may take people longer to complete

 Loop 2 is open grass track with some woods, most likely to be your fastest loop

 Loop 3 is moto track, grass track, and little woods, the longest of the 3 loops but very fast

 At the start of each section, a flagger will start each rider individually 15-30 seconds apart, you are racing the clock

 Video is posted on the D23 Facebook page, search Jason Goth D23 and you should be able to get a glimpse of the course

 Let faster riders go by, it’s easier to follow a fast rider than ride in front of them

 Be kind to all the workers, we are all volunteers and are already overworked

Most importantly, Have Fun! You get to do something on the weekends that other people only dream of.

More info on Norsemenmc.org

Wow.  I thought I knew mostly how they worked until I read this.

It's like any of the other events.  You read all the rules/info and you start second guessing but if you show up to race, it's very intuitive.