Sign in to follow this  

Chadwick Closure..

Put this out as a stand alone topic.. Due to the recent heavy rains and flooding, the Chadwick OHV use area is temporarily closed. This just happened in the last day or so, so no information as to how long the closure will be. I, and likely some others, will be checking on, and updating any new info as soon as we hear of anything. 

6 hours ago, Tyler_mcmahan said:

Any rumor of when the trails will reopen?

Nothing yet. I'll call the Forestry Service office Friday and see if they've given any time frame. I'd say it's going to be another couple weeks at least, depending on how much of 101 and 104 washed out. Don't know about 113/114, that may be difficult to get to if it requires more than cutting out some downed trees.

Think the rangers were going to go in and reaccess the washout and make a decision. Close the affected trails and open the rest. If the place is closed they aren't selling any passes or renting camp spots, and if they aren't selling any passes or renting camp spots, they aren't making any $$.

4 hours ago, CR250_182 said:

Although we are supposed to be getting strong winds so downed trees will be quite possible.

From what I've heard lately, the rangers are far better at downed trees than the wind. Understand that they've been over on the bike side cutting down trees and closing trails now too. 

• Like 1

Hearing and seeing pictures of a lot of downed trees at the use area from last night's storms. Was a report of a small tornado in the Chadwick area. Will keep and eye/ear out in case they close it again..

So I finally get the bike up and running and the only nice weekend in a mo the I am out of town... grrrrr

They're open, rode today. I'll say this much, the crews sure are chainsaw happy. We got pinned in a section of trail that usually takes 20-30 min, and I bet we spent 2 hours fighting through it. All newly cut trees, and big ones