What's the longest you couldn't ride due to a injury?

7 minutes ago, F0Xryder61 said:

8 months from a broken femur then rode for 2 days and re-broke it even with a plate in because the doctor didn't fix it right...

I feel you, man. I was in the hospital for 3 months and I'm 21 and had to use a walker... My strength was so weak when I first got home it took me 3 minutes just to get out of bed or off the couch. It's been a month since I've been out of the hospital and my strength is slowly improving. I have a feeling it's going to be awhile until I can ride my dirt bike again.

Around 6 months. Broke my femur the last weekend of October, first ride since then a couple weekends ago. Could have rode a little while before that if I'd had an e-start bike. Starting a YZ250 multiple times through a day in the woods is hard enough in the best circumstances, doing it with a leg weakened by recently having an 16" long rod hammered into it is a real chore..

Knock on wood, I've never been seriously hurt. I rode a CR500 for the 1st time an hour after I broke my radius. It was broke for a week before I even had it xrayed .

When I compression fractured my T12/L1 , I stayed off the YZ for a few weeks but I rode the DRZ every day still. It's been 10 years and I still feel the effects from that one.

33 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Knock on wood, I've never been seriously hurt. I rode a CR500 for the 1st time an hour after I broke my radius. It was broke for a week before I even had it xrayed .

When I compression fractured my T12/L1 , I stayed off the YZ for a few weeks but I rode the DRZ every day still. It's been 10 years and I still feel the effects from that one.

T12/L1 is a bone in the spine, correct? I always imagined breaking a bone in your spine would be one of the most painful thing in the world

T12/L1 is a bone in the spine, correct? I always imagined breaking a bone in your spine would be one of the most painful thing in the world

Yes they are vertebrae. I got a bad pop off a jump and threw the bike away in the air. I fell around 20 feet and landed on my feet. I stood up and fell right back down , the pain was ridiculous.
The morphine they gave me in the ambulance and hospital did nothing for it. Finally they shot me up with Dilaudid and I was literally sat right up. I've done my share of partying but I have never been that buzzed before or after.

20 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Yes they are vertebrae. I got a bad pop off a jump and threw the bike away in the air. I fell around 20 feet and landed on my feet. I stood up and fell right back down , the pain was ridiculous.
The morphine they gave me in the ambulance and hospital did nothing for it. Finally they shot me up with Dilaudid and I was literally sat right up. I've done my share of partying but I have never been that buzzed before or after.

When I was in the hospital, they gave me Dalaudid as well. That stuff works really well but it's so addicting. I kept craving it because it gave me such a rush. Even to this day I crave it. I'm not going to do it though.

• Like 1

I walked out with a Percocet prescription from the hospital and the doctor also gave me Vicodin. It was rough after the prescription ran out, but I was fine.

My best friend torn his ACL while we were in highschool after loosing a wheelie on the road. This was in the late 90's when they handed them out like candy.(My 1st Vicodin prescription was at age 12 for stoved toes). Long story short he OD'ed and died 16 years later(2014). Opiates aren't anything to play around with. I have had countless scripts and would also take them for fun if someone offered them. Not anymore...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

I walked out with a Percocet prescription from the hospital and the doctor also gave me Vicodin. It was rough after the prescription ran out, but I was fine.

My best friend torn his ACL while we were in highschool after loosing a wheelie on the road. This was in the late 90's when they handed them out like candy.(My 1st Vicodin prescription was at age 12 for stoved toes). Long story short he OD'ed and died 16 years later(2014). Opiates aren't anything to play around with. I have had countless scripts and would also take them for fun if someone offered them. Not anymore...

I feel you, man. I had a few friends who over dosed on some pills. I've been out of the hospital for about a month and I'm still craving Dilaudid. It's annoying but what can you do, huh? I won't take it because I know it'll ruin my life

• Like 1

On 5/4/2017 at 5:35 PM, ChristianMX said:

When I was in the hospital, they gave me Dalaudid as well. That stuff works really well but it's so addicting. I kept craving it because it gave me such a rush. Even to this day I crave it. I'm not going to do it though.

Good thing they didn't give it to you up your butt or you'd REALLY be addicted to it. 

On May 4, 2017 at 3:52 PM, ChristianMX said:

I feel you, man. I had a few friends who over dosed on some pills. I've been out of the hospital for about a month and I'm still craving Dilaudid. It's annoying but what can you do, huh? I won't take it because I know it'll ruin my life

Right on bro.

I take is 4-800 mg ib profun daily when I'm injured, the opiates can really mess you up more than the injury in most cases. I've seen overprescribed drugs ruin some really mentally/physically strong people.

Longest I've been out is around 8 weeks for a sploded ankle/jaw/ribs. The jaw took 2 surgeries and made me lose my job, but was good riddance. I survived on blended fruit and protein drinks and was under weight when they removed the wires. It took a lot of work to get back stamina wise, like a full season. 

The bright side was testing handling characteristics of the grocery store buggy. ?

Edited by Casing-daily

I'm the type of guy that hates any type of pain drugs, i won't even take aspirin or Tylenol. When i'm sick i don't take anything. I feel my body can heal itself a lot better then using these over the counter drugs to suppress pain. I remember last year i had the worst crash of my life and i don't know how i didn't snap my collar bone or neck because of it, was so sore it was bad. I felt really really bad the whole day  about poping one aspirin. Not for me man!  

8 months with a dislocated wrist, broken navicular, broke tip off the ulna and major ligament damage.
Throttle side (right) so at 6 months I decided to put throttle on the left side of bike and "putt" around the neighborhood.
My wife about killed me when she heard the bike heading out the garage[emoji23]
You know how hard it it to start and stop when you have to roll the throttle FORWARD and clutch at the same time. Haha!!
Not the smartest idea but was able to get my fix for a moment.

• Like 1

About 8 months when I spiral fractured my tibia. It was my friends moms wedding day and after we got back we decided to go off this little jump we made... been over it hundreds of times. My friend actually broke his foot a week later
They gave me morphine in the hospital, worst thing ever lol. I was sweating and super hot as soon as they put it in. Got an oxycodone subscription, didn't have much problems with it after. Only real injury I've ever had it sucked

About 8 months when I spiral fractured my tibia. It was my friends moms wedding day and after we got back we decided to go off this little jump we made... been over it hundreds of times. My friend actually broke his foot a week later
They gave me morphine in the hospital, worst thing ever lol. I was sweating and super hot as soon as they put it in. Got an oxycodone subscription, didn't have much problems with it after. Only real injury I've ever had it sucked

Did you get a rod put through it. Spiral fractured my tibia and broke the fibula and was out 3 months.